Anybody know this car?

Hi

I’m a new member to this forum and have joined because I’m considering buying an 2-3 year old Exige S.

I don’t suppose anybody knows the history about this car listed on pistonheads?

I’m partial to the Ice White colour and the seller insists it is “Ice White”, but it just doesn’t look like it on the photos. What do others think?

Also, how many times should an Exige with 20,500 miles have been serviced? I’m told it has been serviced twice (once by Lotus, once by Hangar 111), but many other Exiges I see advertised with similar mileage have been serviced three times.

I’m based in the Isle of Man, so popping up to Bradford to physically inspect the car is not that easy.

Thanks

The link isn’t working at the moment, so I can’t advise on the colour question yet.

As for servicing the toyota schedule is every 9000 miles or annually, whichever is first. If the car has been on track it should at least have had oil changes around half those periods along with other sensible checks (brakes etc) more often which may not necessarily show up on a service schedule.

Oh, & welcome btw.

Edit: link now works, but it’s very difficult to confirm if ice white, the background doesn’t help at all…

I thought ice which was a recent addition to the range, so an '07 car would therefore be an early example in the colour (a premium colour adding circa �2K to the list price). Maybe the vendor could e-mail you the purchase invoice to confirm?

That particular car has been up for sale for a long time.

I was considering buying it myself but didn’t particularly like the people selling it, they weren’t great with providing info about the car.

I think the colour should be aspen white, not ice white for that year…I stand to be corrected though.

It also depends whether they count the first 1000 mile oil change service or not.

Thanks for all your comments, I didn’t realise the 1000 mile service was just an oil change.

I’ve spent ages studying the pics and it looks more like Aspen White to me too. The dealership disagrees, but won’t send further photos! Tim’s idea of asking for a copy of the invoice is a good one.

I’m not sure I like the people either - they don’t give good vibes and (rightly or wrongly) the garage in question doesn’t have a good reputation on other forums.

The rear wheel center caps missing as well! :whistle:

Front splitter on an S should be body coloured.

I know nothing about the car, but it was discussed on SELOC a few weeks ago. Can’t remember the details.

Is it just me or does the front clam and door look a different colour to the sill and rear clam? Difficult to tell in photos.

Yellow infact…I’d move on Steven, the vibe seems all wrong mate imho.

Just find this… reg search clicky

Why not the nice yellow S2 thats just appeared in the ‘for sale’ forum…

Looks v nice! (For an S2 John!!!) :smiley: :smiley:

Wonder how many miles???

Mine looks better :wink: :smiley:

Actually it’s on here too clicky

I guess the cars ok but it’s had all of the fun ripped out of it including the splitter! Then again is the car ok? Best call Hanger 111 Steven and speak to Greg, he might shed more light on what may of happened to it…Again I’d move on mate…try something else, maybe in Storm Titanium :smiley:

[quote=jonnyfox]Mine looks better :wink: :smiley:

try something else, maybe in Storm Titanium :smiley: [/quote]

Quite a ‘slow’ colour I believe? :smiley:

Thanks for all the comments, which might have saved me 20 grand.

I raised the query regarding the yellow colour of the sill - they said it was the protective paint film…

The final nail in the coffin is the link to that car being listed for sale last year with Komo Tec conversion. It suggests the car’s been ragged and the kit subsequently removed.

I’m definately going to walk away from it, although I won’t be looking for a yellow version(my wife would divorce me!) or silver one, thanks!

i would stay away from this one matey i went to have a look when i was looking and its armofended and it has gone yellow underneith… its got a crack in the front clam, u got screws missing seals are damaged, boot smells moldy, in really bad condition