Any S1’s up for sale?

A well used completely original S1 on pistonheads

Love this car and the use it’s had. The mileage does put me off a little because the typical S1 Exige owner starts having heart palpitations after 40k…that said £30k!

Just responding on this thread but aware its the same subject as the other thread concurrently running…

Just a note to say that my S1 Exige will be up for sale shortly. I’ve not had it long as i took it in a deal against my Evora Sport410 but it’s really a bit too raw for my use long term, ( long story ).

It’s in superb condition with a DVA built VHPD 205bhp engine inc ITB’s, Cams, Emerald, Vernier, Larini, LWFW, etc…

Its got big brake kit, rebuilt Bilsteins, uprated anti roll bar, mototsport seats, fully rebushed suspension, alloy rad etc…

Fully repainted in Yulong White by the previous owner with no chips or scratches anywhere.

The only bit that let it down was a bit of laquer peel on the clear engine cover so i recently sent this away to be refinished. I should get the panel back next week at which point I’ll take so decent photos of it before advertising…

If anyone’s interested please drop me a pm.

Thanks,

Ed

2 Likes

I know, especially the original HPDV K-SERIES engines and the infamous head gasket ‘issues’ … but i just treated my car gently on start-up, maintained the car as it was supposed to be, good lubricants etc and have never had so much as a hiccup!

I’ve had +20yrs driving my S1 and loved every minute. Even now if i had an alternative i wouldn’t sell it - they are truly amazing cars to have/drive … and to be honest, to be seen in!! :slight_smile:

Richard

1 Like

Hi, I have an S1 but not ready to sell yet, but as I approach 70 (next year) getting in and worse getting out is ever more difficult. Not sure what you meant by the American market opening up, what did you mean?

Cheers
Kim

Hi,

I’m 64 this year and getting in and out is a challenge but I think it it is for young folks as well. It’s a good reason to keep slim!

When cars are 25 years old they can be exported to the USA as classics. Typically they have much more disposable income and there is a market for lotus cars over there. It could push prices up but may never happen,

Academic to me, my son wants my s1 even though he’s too tall and can’t get in at out at the age of 23!

Hi, thanks for reply.

It doesn’t help that I have some bones fused in my spine and a lot of metal in my pelvis following an accident, cant get through airport security without lots of alarms and bells going off!

image0.jpeg

Thanks
Kim

1 Like

More gratuitous pictures. I’ve suffered a broken pelvis but no metalwork, cycling accident.

Beutiful cars guys. Still very much looking for an S1 however also looking for a buyer for my S2…