Any Lotus or General Car clubs worth joining??

Having changed cars from a Caterham Superlight to an Elise… I wan’t to know if there are any good Lotus or Elise or General car clubs worth joining??? When I had the Caterham I was (and still am) a member of the Lotus 7 which was fantastic… Lots of events ranging from touring in England and Europe, sprints, trackday, area meetings and National get togethers. There was also a great club magazine. Sadly there dosn’t seem to be much for Elise owners from what I can see. The Official Lotus Owners Club seem to be a case of paying to read corporate marketing disgised as a magazine. The Club Lotus sent me a joining form and a two year out of date copy of their magazine when I asked them for some details… never got any real idea what the club got up to… I also couldn’t understand why they would send me a two year out of date magazine because I want to know what they get up to now unless its gone down hill since then… Most of it all seems to be for the older models and has very little for the newer car owners… I tried to call the only number for the Lotus drivers club I could find and kept getting it answered be a fax machine… So no joy there. I popped along to some meeting in Alcester in the Midlands last week (On a Wednesday night) but when I got there they was having some sort of talk so I stood at the back for awhile with a friend who came with me… As a new face no one came up to speak to me and I left before the end of the talk having been there an hour or so… I was supprised that an organiser didn’t introduce them selves… I might try and pop along again next time to see if it is worth going to in the future… I know that if anyone turns up to the Lotus 7 club Warwickshire meeting the organiser will take time to talk to then and introduce them to some of the regulars to make them feel welcome…

Jamie,I’m sorry that you felt left out, but as you said on the 'phone, it might have been difficult to strike up any meaningful conversations whilst the speaker was on.I’m curious though whether you gave any clues to your identity, e.g. did you arrive in a Lotus or wear any Lotus logos? Please bear in mind that we aren’t the only people using the pub. Were you one of those in the bar at 'half time’who were encouraged to come and join in? Hopefully you will have noticed a good mix of old and new cars.Please come along again next time (when we do not have a guest speaker) and see how friendly we can be. And, if you give me a call with your address I’ll send you soem info about LDC.RegardsMike

Arrived in a Silver Lotus Elise S2 111s and stood at the bar in the same room towards the rear nr the door while the speaker was talking… (I am about 6ft Blonde hair well whats left wearing a black leather jacket)… With a mate who came along with me for the ride…I wasn’t having a dig at no one coming to speak because I know that you didn’t have long to get to the bar and back for part two of the speakers session… So please don’t take offence…And I agree it wasn’t the best of night for a new person to come along to chat to people…Sorry I didn’t have a chance to call you this morning, I got tied up with work… I will try and call tomorrow (Wednesday)… CheersJamie

Jamie,No offence taken. I’m just disappointed that you left the meeting unhappy.Mike

I wasn’t realy unhappy… It just wasn’t a good night to come on thats all… Don’t worry…