Another new S1 owner...

Hi Folks,

I recently became the happy owner of an S1 Exige, coming from almost 6 years owning an S1 Elise so its both familiar and alien. :slight_smile: The car is Laser Blue and was advertised on here, car #585.

Checking the car out before purchase, there was a thread where there was a suggestion of previous damage that caused significant concern. Happily this was unfounded. I was also fortunate to get in touch with MarcP who knew the history of the car, knowing a number of previous owners and told a story of a honest motor.

There are a few niggles on the bodywork and the paint is original so it’s got that used as intended stone chipped look that as an S1 Elise owner I recognise this as just normal wear and tear. :slight_smile:. All stuff I can fix over time.

This was by far the best upgrade I could have made to my S1 Elise… :smiley:

I hope to meet some of you in the future at meets or track days. Where I exhaust the capabilities of the search function, I may be asking a few questions to fill gaps in my knowledge. I look forward to learning about all the ‘features’ unique to an S1 Exige. :slight_smile:

Cheers
Ferg

Very nice, congratulations! i absolutely love laser blue!

Welcome to Exiges, lovely looking car :clap:

Getting to be a big fan of blue cars(of all types).
Welcome to Exiges, you’ll have lots of fun here
More pics, please

Welcome! I became an Exige owner this month too and came to it from a long run of Elise ownership, like you say the ultimate Elise upgrade :sunglasses: hope to see you at an event.

Thanks folks.

Thommo, how about a gratuitous bum shot…? :wink:

And working out how to get it on the Dyno at the weekend…I had the old car booked in, so thought why not.

Very nice,

Very nearly bought this when advertised by a previous owner. Ended up in a laser Blue exige s but still have the S1 itch to scratch

Welcome Ferg, looks stunning in Laser Blue :sunglasses:

As far as track days, you’ve missed our annual event over Easter. There should be a load of us at Donny in Oct at the end of the season,…keep an eye on the forum.

So what did it make on the dyno then :question:

Is that the LoT day in October?

First track outing in a few weeks at Knockhill. New tyres, pads, oil etc before then, but it ill need toe links before I can give it the beans.

Car made 180hp, seems like a good safe value to me… I’ve found the throttle link has the usual broken pivot. I had this on my Elise too and it meant the throttle wasn’t opening fully. Can’t hurt to fit the updated link etc. might be worth another 0.5hp :smiley:

Nope its the BaT noisy day on Tue 6th October.

Cool, will check that out. :slight_smile: