Another new car

After the woes with the Mini GP2 and them eventually returning my deposit, I ordered a new car.

Just collected it Saturday, and it is a great car, what is it I hear you say?

Fiesta ST3 in Molton Orange :smiley:

There arenā€™t many options you can order on them, but as I hads to factory order one to get the colour, I chose to have the style pack grey wheels and red callipers, plus parking sensors.
A friend of mine is a ford salesman so he looked after me well, total price for the car delivered was Ā£17.5k plus the Ā£600 for the Mountune to take it to 212hp
Spent Sunday washing it and putting on the Autoglym Lifeshine very pleased indeed, I will post some photos when the sun is out :slight_smile:

good colour

In essex is a dump valve local council issue?

haha

yeah they are supposed to be great little cars.

Great car Ade, Iā€™ll keep an eye out for it.

Iā€™ll put a complimentary dump in the post for you Tim :laughing:

It does appear that the new airbox you get with the mountune kit makes a suitably Essex dump valve sound :smiley:
Hardly a surprise given where Mountune are based :wink:

At the other end of the scaleā€¦I got my wife the 125bhp 3 Cyc Turbo in a top luxury spec. It is absolutely fantastic and a great car to drive. From my garage with points out of 10 for driving fun:

Exige 9
Fiesta 7
Audi A4 4

The Ford really is that good.

I donā€™t disagree the Fiesta is brilliant, the mini GP2 was super brilliant and you can certainly see where the extra Ā£10k had gone, it was almost good enough to take instead of the Exige, sadly mine was a lemon :frowning:

Anybody got an Audi S1. Have one on order for Mrs Bean , itā€™s been on order for 5 months so far and estimated delivery is now. January. Grief I hope itā€™s worth it.

Collecting my Sprint Cup on fireworks nightā€¦hope it does not go with a bangā€¦but more of a sparkle.

Looked seriously at the S1, but with no S Tronic option unless you got the sportwagon and it being so expensive I just could not justify one, I had the option at one dealers who had a near perfect spec one available, but I could just not part with the cash for it :frowning: I do however understand the appeal of the Audis as I have a Q3 and used to have a fully specd A3 TDI
Also looked at older RS3s, but again so much cash for a 3 year old A3 and a new S3 was not much slower, but again at Ā£40k was just too much.
This is why a Ā£18k Fiesta ST3 with all the toys is the bargain it is, and it took 5 weeks from order to delivery :slight_smile:

I speced my S1 but spent the money buying in to my company instead. Still intend to get one at some point. Nice piece of kit.

Although a 2nd hand S3 is about the same money. Iā€™d drive both first.

Agree they are mega bucks ā€¦but 'erindoors liked it and I had the racer at the timeā€¦difficult argument!!!

Anyway the kids will only squander it on fast carsā€¦

I only have a modest A4 Avant with a190 diesel. I just cannot see what people like in them. It is an expensive Passat with lots or torque steer and as exciting as a wet vest. It does the job and eats the motorways but it is no fun. If you asked which car for long distances it would be

Audi 9
Fiesta 6
Exige 1

Love my A4 Avant. You do get some odd looks when you whizz past in what looks like a hearse and which has been christened the ā€œmobile libraryā€ by the youngest who drives an Evo VI

Nothing sporty but we just got the GF a Renault Captur , free servicing for 4 years , no road tax and sheā€™s getting 65mpg real life driving , brilliant little runaround .

Moomin

Is that the butlerā€™s residence?

Haha yeah , he was taking the photo for the Ladyship .

I think she looks very sporty!!!

Oh are we talking about the car?? :wink: :smiley:

:astonished:

Haha , sheā€™s bigger than you so watch what you say :smiley: