Annoying Dealer Badge

Can anyone tell me how to remove the dealer badge from the back of my car? I can’t be arsed going back to the dealer and asking them to do it, but it is quite a thick, hard plastic thing and looks like I could easily damage the paint trying to get it off?

[image]http://www.deflyrecords.co.uk/badge.jpg[/image]

It only annoyed me a little until the other day when someone asked me if my name was Christopher Neil!?!

Try heating it gently with a hair dryer, It should loosen off without damaging the paint.

Hope this helps

Tom

Try heating it gently with a hair dryer

You’ll find it in the glove compartment, next to the cup holder, which is under the heated seat switch

Ooh you’re so hardcore…

A further idea to warm up and soften the glue is to boil a kettle full of water and pour it over the badge

Hello All,
Just thought I’d dive in here, the badge in question is flexible and will peel off with a thumb nail under the edge.
Then a squirt of WD40 to remove the gunk left behind it.
(Removed mine at the w/end)

Autoglym Tar remover is also great for getting rid of the adhesive.

The mistake you made, was to leave the showroom with them on.

When I collected my 1st Exige (all those years ago, when all this was fields…) HR Owen Kensington had stuck their stickers all over the car.

I said I wasn’t moving it until they had all be cleaned off… since unless I was going to be paid for it, I wasn’t going to be a rolling advert for them

Try heating it gently with a hair dryer

You’ll find it in the glove compartment, next to the cup holder, which is under the heated seat

switch

I keep mine in the boot along with all my other hairdressing gear, doesn’t everybody?

I’m with Tom on this one.I ised a hair dryer to get thr LOTUS stickers from the back of one of the Elise I owned. One of the worst stickers that they put on the cars at the mo in the Queens award on the buttress…that came off straight away.

One of the worst stickers that they put on the cars at the mo in the Queens award on the buttress…that came off straight away.

I thought Lotus were proud of that one

Tim.

Yes…it’s something Lotus can be proud of…but it still looked horrid

yeh! me too! even pesky will tell you that

oops! that was ment to be a ouote…re… my hairdryer…see for sale section