Anglesey Socials

Right guys now that the event has sold out and before we get to talking about convoys we need to agree the evening socials.

Of course its all a bit complex because of everyone being so spread out staying in hotels in Bangor and across the island and arriving at different times on Thu.

Thursday Evening
Option1 (default) : Everyone fends for themselves. I’d make a booking for the Premier Inn rabble.
Option2 : Converge in Bangor for a curry. Thommo is right, minibuses is the way to go.

Friday Evening
Option1 (default) : Same again everyone does their own thing. Again I’d make a booking at the Premier Inn.
Option2 : Stick around or converge back on the island at the Sandymount in Rhosneigr (the typical post-event haunt for those staying on the island). As necessary we may need to organise some cabs/minibuses.

I’m more than happy to invest some time organising whatever the majority wants. One year we did all go into Bangor (which was a bit of a farce with the cabs!) and one year we went to the Sandymount. Of late there’s been so many people at the Premier Inn we all end up staying put.

What say we?

I do enjoy a curry, rather go out personally…

For me out Thursday, in Friday less peeps (just the way it is) talk about the day…

Minibus from The Bull, Llangefni to Bangor for curry looks feasible. I need to canvas those staying at The Bull before committing to Bangor, so will do that via PM/fone/text and post results here.

I will be staying put at the Premier on Thursday night as yet more logistics and additional travel would do my head in …
Friday curry sounds good though …

After 7 hours in the car I’d be happy to stay put

I hadn;t realised that the Premier Inn was so far outside Bangor but hope the Premier league members will still be up for a pre-event curry.

Yeah I’m for staying put too. The Premier Inn pub has always been good, with over 30 odd people there. Didn’t we all say “never again” after the last time we all tried to meet up using cabs and stuff? I seem to remember it being a bit of a nightmare.

Or maybe i’m just being anti social. I will go with the flow.

I’m easy, its not the location, it’s the company that makes the night! - food has always been good at the Premier Inn… but we did see some sights one year at the curry place in Bangor! :smiley:

I will be staying put at the Bull thanks

Ditto

I seem to recall a reasonable curry at the Inn if that makes any difference to anyone.

Premier inn on Thursday Evening for me, Will have just done 4 hours in the Passat with the trailer on the back so will not really fancy heading out again. Also not totally sure of my arrival time, So will just head to the bar once i’m there.
Not around Friday as I will be leaving for home after the track session on the Friday.
Cheers Steve.

Whilst I love a good curry, after driving up 300+ miles I prefer the idea of staying in at the hotel as logistics can be a nightmare for going out

I think that’s a big part of it also - after the long drives to get there people generally just want to chill and not be too worried about being in a certain place at a certain time… also those with trailers would probably rather stay close by (not that that will affect me this year).

The way this is shaping up, I’m thinking that we might just stick with our usual plans, in my case a night at the The Bull.
Sorry to have set a hare running…

Ask the circuit catering to put a curry on for lunch?
Turbocharged afternoon session

Staying put works for me. Getting turned around on the Thursday to go out again doesn’t appeal. A pint that’s what I’ll be needing. Likewise on the Friday, but if the consensus is to see the sights I’d vote for Friday over Thursday.

Lol I’ll go with the flow then :laughing:

OK for Thursday night looks like due to logistics issues everyone is doing their own thing. Given the number of us at the Premier Inn, I’ll phone up and book for a large group. I’m thinking of saying 25-30 of us for 7:30-8pm.

On the Friday night I’ll speak to Gil Edwards as I think she typically sorts the Sandymount for those staying on the island. I’ll again book space at the Premier Inn but for a smaller group of 15-20 again at 7:30-8pm.

Its a real shame we’re not all together but ho hum…

If The Bull people are happy to travel why not come to the P Inn? I’d happily chip in on the transport for us all to be together.

Thanks for the very kind offer, Ian, but the consensus among the Northern Convoy at the moment is that we’ll all stay put.