Anglesey : Season Closer

I’m working on it…

It looks like the only weekend date free is Sun 5th Nov which is the weekend before the Race of Remembrance.

Else it’s Dec :open_mouth:

5th Nov works for me. I’ll get some snow chains ordered.

Sorry Benja November onward is no good for me as the car will be on SORN.
Probably quite a few others will be the same.
Only a suggestion but only one car booked at the moment with Chavelin, surely if enough people on Exiges booked it could become more of an Exiges day.
I have never done a Javelin T/D so no idea what they are like :neutral_face:

They are ok, not as strict with muppets as BaT, cheaper but more cars. I stopped using them after long waits to get on the track at Snetterton but that’s why you pay more with BaT.

Don’t forget the cost of that show room at donnington that needs paying for!!
LOT don’t charge alot more than chavlin, alot less than bat and don’t have too many cars

That’s a very good point, I like Lot. They have a late season event at Hethel (never been there) and also Oulton P, which gives you the winter to rebuild the car. Benja is in charge, I am happy with most option.

I think there is a lean towards BaT given they look after a number of cars, and my tyres.

Would LoT be an issue for the non Lotus cars some of us now use on track? I must admit I’d like to do Oulton, not been there in ages

Yarp!
I’m in…

Sorry I’ve not chased this up but it looked as though the circuit (Anglesey) was fully booked until Dec and I anticipated that only the hardest of hard-core would want to attempt Anglesey in December :open_mouth:

Maybe we could have a Donny get together?

Mon 2nd Oct : 98dB : National : LoT
Tue 3rd Oct : Unsilenced : National : BaT
Sat 28th Oct : 98dB : GP : BaT
Fri 10th Nov : 98dB : National : LoT
Sat 11th Nov : National : BaT

Curry at Ghandi’s after…

The noisy day is probably the best bet but it’s mid-week. Thoughts?

We usually do the noisy day, driving standards are generally better as it is a more expensive day, I really want to get the Clio out again this year so I’ll try to make any day people want to go for.

I could make either of the Saturday options

A bit of type/cost/availability research on Donington options…

Mon 2nd Oct : 98dB : National : LoT - 20min sessions: £160 [15 places left]
Tue 3rd Oct : Unsilenced : National : BaT - Open pit lane: £325 [55 places]
Sat 28th Oct : 98dB : GP : BaT - Open pit lane: £295 [44 places]
Fri 10th Nov : 98dB : National : LoT - Open pit lane: £150, rises to £175 on 1/8 then £199 on 1/9 [‘Places available’ so presumably more than 20 left]
Sat 11th Nov : National : BaT - Open pit lane: £240 (probably increase to £275) [53 places]

My car should (easily!..famous last words) be done by any of those. It’d be great to have a bigger crowd than last year (Will made quite an effort to be there).

Cheers, Ian :slight_smile:

Thanks Ian :thumbup:

My vote is for the noisy day.

Make that 2 :wink:

3/10 or 28/10 for me. I’ll probably be there for both of those anyway.

I’ll be there.

Ah damn and drat and stuff …
Leaving UK on 1st October … planning doing the Donny Friday 29th day …
Dear BA , I would like to change my booking …

I’m hoping to do Sept 29th too.

“Dan!”

Very unlikely now. HPE have not progressed the car at all in 6 weeks (waiting on shafts and flanges, but still).

I guess that means 3rd Oct is going to be unlikely too.

:cry: