alloy bulkhead

does anyone know where i can get an aluminium bulkhead for an s1 and how much they are. anyone got any pictures.

JUNKs has everything

do you have an alloy bulkhead then junks?

Chris

I believe that “Plans” can supply them. I also understand that it’s a mammoth job to strip out the old stuff to fit the ali bulkhead - though you probably know that already.

I can make you one. Shipping from Oz might be a PITA.

Mine…

[image]http://www.kirrapak.com/motorsport/engine.jpg[/image]

OK obvious questons - what’s the standard one made of and why do you want to change? Is the ali one the motorsport version that just gives a little more clearance in engine bay?

Is the ali one the motorsport version that just gives a little more clearance in engine bay?

Yep, & no window.

Speak with Russ Gibbons at Lotus Sport 01953 608507.

Bear in mind too that these can’t easily be fitted in conjuction with any harness bar that mounts on the back of the main roll hoop - they’re really meant to go flush against the full cage.
They come as two pieces to get around the rear frame stays and are easy to fit IF the engine is out and the rear clam and roof are off.

The original one is plastic of some sort.
It gives you more room in the engine bay (so you can fit a better SC manifold
It saves a lot of weight.
As above, it is not easy to fit.

C’mon Dave, post some pics of your new mota, not just the bulkhead

spoke to lotus motorsport and they dont do them anymore but he did say its only a sheet of alloy so make it yourself its easy. so im going to give it ago. I only want one so i can mount an intercooler to the back of the roof vent as i see that as the best place to get the cold air from. As for stuff attached to the bulkhead on my “Elise” there is only the coolant bottle so its easy.i want to make the Audi engine look a bit nicer like the Honda ones.

[image]http://www.kirrapak.com/motorsport/rear.jpg[/image]

Post deleted by Mr Pesky

Sorry for hijacking this tread. Started new one under Owners Cars.

Sorry for hijacking this tread. Started new one under Owners Cars.

Fooking hell, a polite Aussie