All season tyres

Well she got it totally stuck today, I had to go and dig her out. I am not sure if you can even get snow socks atm.
Will be fitting some non run flat all season tyres in the summer thats for sure.

Andy

input i got from two people who have tried all seasons, is that they’re the worst of every world. and that you’re better off going with a set of summers and a set of winters.

i started with winters on the exige last year, and now i have them on the xantia rat also. the fr-v family bus is hard to decide on because its TC/ASC system is surprisingly capable.

Yeah Rob, I went to my local tyre place and he said the same, “no mate you can only fit run flats to those as it has run flats on it now” I did a bit more asking around and it seems its a major arse covering move by the big tyre chains. My 530d is a 55 plate and the wheels are fine with normal tyres.

That depends what ‘all seasons’ you get!

Just got back from Canada, and 99% of the cars out there run an all season tyre! Having driven with them in the snow/ice, they are a HUGE step up from ordinary summmer tyres. BIG difference! In fact in Canada, if you dont have all seasons or winter tyres fitted and you get stuck in snow etc, you will be fined!

Goodyear and Michelin seemed to have the market cornered there!

Given our snow only lasts!!! :smiley: a few days/weeks! at a time, I think a full ‘winter’ tyre is overkill for the UK. They are a lot heavier, and bloody noisey on dry roads too!