Alarm/Immobilser

Guys

Stupid thing…

The other day i was fettling the car… anyway I left the interior light ON and not surprisingly my battery was flat as a pancake this morning – booger

So I have charged it up today and just got home from work at 22:00, reconnected battery and now the car wont start. Lights, radio etc are all working but no cranking of the starter at all.

The alarm seems to arm/disarm with the ‘blipper’ but the led telltale is firmly OFF (instead of the short blinks) when its disarmed. The characteristic ‘click’ behind your ear when you disarm isn’t present and the engine won’t crank – so it seems that the immobiliser won’t disengage.

Any tips, hints or otherwise instruction on what i need to do ?

Have you tried pulling the alarm fuses so it resets again with full power?

Otherwise I’m not sure… Mine did come with some odd code card thingy but still not worked out what ot’s for…

So why the use of the interior light? eren’t caught dogging again?

Cheers RL…

I will try that.

So why the use of the interior light? eren’t caught dogging again?

I ermm, was, messin with some sticky stuff on the dash, and my eyesight aint like it was… you know

Something similar happened to my Alfa and I had to call the AA (sorry )
And the guy did just that, charged the battery well and then disconnected everything (for about 10 min) and put it back (this time fully charged).
It seems that partial charges (low voltages) only confuse electronics.

Hope this works.

It seems that partial charges (low voltages) only confuse electronics.

This happened to my house whilst I was on the way to Croft! One very confused wife, everything went very weird.

Ian

I had this problem about 2 years ago.

Disconnect the (charged) battery for 1-2 mins then re-connect, & all should be ok next time you try.

Hope that helps.

Tim.

Had teh same problem - and same fix - disconnected and reconected 10 mins later - all was ok …

Well actually the sounder did not work then - so did it a second time and then everything was fine

But you are supposed to disconnect when the alarm is disarmed - so thats what I did the second time with teh aid of someone to pull the lead off as soon as I disarmed …

Thanks Uldis, Tim, ANDY

i’m off to try that now - hopefully won’t wake the neighbours

done

top advice as usual… spent the last 15mins looking and thinking doesn’t this car look just the dogs…

polished mine last night in the garage (the car for goodness sake!) I have to say it’s looks just as good as it go’s!!!