Air Filter???

Has anyone upgraded the air filters on an S2 exige? Does it give any noticeable performance boost and can anyone recommend one? K&N seem popular?

Cheers

Well I found one eventually! Thanks to scott at B&C for suggesting:
http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/gassing/topic.asp?f=14&t=140752

This is a quote from an e-mail, in response to a request, I recieved from Fensport.
These engines do respond very well to an induction kit, we have just had some feed back from a customer with the same engine in a Corolla & gained 12 hp by changing from a K&N filter to a Blitz induction kit. SUS Power Stainless Mesh Air filter induction System - 190BHP - 2ZZGE Only �192.00
Fensport
John

Warranty ?
Drive by noise increase ?
Performance increase ?

Just interested if anyone knows yet, as it seems S2 with certain exausts are getting black flagged for noise and anymore noise may not help that situation on track

Is it just me, or does 12bhp seem a little optimistic for an induction kit?

ahem yes it does

I gave them a call and they couldn’t give a bhp improvement figure, however they did say that there was more oomph below the cam change now. Personally i think it will be too noisy a combo with my stage “it’s too flippin nosiy for this track sunny” 2 exhaust

Thanks to scott at B&C for suggesting…

Well congrats on getting him to return a call!

Ian

Just interested if anyone knows yet, as it seems S2 with certain exausts are getting black flagged for noise and anymore noise may not help that situation on track

Anyone got any figures yet for Lotus Stage 1 and/or stage 2 zorst’s??
The figures quoted by Lotus for the STANDARD exhaust (from my logsheet) are:-
Stationary 98db(A) @ 5850 rpm
Drive-by 74db(A)

Logsheet also says Model/Type is Premium Race

[email protected] (no finger nails left already)