Air con in the s2 - any good?

How are you guys finding the aircon on these hot days, ie does it work? I take it that its not up to the BMW type of car standard, but does it cool the cabin?

It works, not BMW style (I have an X5) but it certainly keeps temperature down to a liveable level.

on the coldest setting its too cold, put it that way…

Wouldn’t be without it in this muggy heat.

Wouldn’t be without it in this muggy heat.

Who needs it, take the roof off ! Much more fun than switching on the blue light to reduce the available hp.

Who needs it, take the roof off ! Much more fun than switching on the blue light to reduce the available hp.

On the S2 the air con shuts off on full throttle, so no loss of bhp

And its works well too

It’s just O K.

Not as good as normal cars.

I think its OK. The cabin size is very small which helps but I can’t leave it on all of the time - gets too cold. Put it this way, its better in the summer heat than the heater is in the winter cold!

As already said, in this humid weather, on the motorway it is almost essential. At least if you’ve got it, you would never want to be without it. It works very well, you have to adjust it occasionally as it’s not climate control but I’ve always thought climate control was ott. If you want it a bit colder, turn the dial a bit to the left etc

I think it’s very good. Well worth it in the summer, and essential for demisting in the winter.

I hardly ever remember to use it, but it is good enough on the hot days.

It does occasionally have over pressure problems. If you leave it to soak in the sun after a drive the compressor wont re engage until you’ve driven for 5 mins or so and cooled the condensor at bit

I think it works very well and is better than my Clio

thanks for all your comments, will have to buy one with AC! Well, the wife wants it so thought Id ask if it was worth it, which it sure sounds like it is.

I asked the same question a while ago for the S1 exige when I was thinking about buying one of those a few years ago and the comments for that were the opposite (did not go down well with my wife as she likes it very cold!) - sounds like all the S1 boys cook themselves.

Looks like it will have to be an S2 over the S1.

hurrah, hurrah and hurrah again.

whats an “S1”?