Advice Please!!!

Hi, ive had my big ends done and basically full bottom end rebuild on my vhpd recently (22,000miles) ive just completed 1100 miles since the rebuild and wonder if it will be ok to go above 4000rpm now? I havent had the oil and filter changed yet but will have that done by monday. Should i wait till the oil+filter are changed before i use the car ‘properly’ or will it be ok now its done the required running in mileage??

I would change the oil - becuase they should have used a different oil for the running in period but even if they did not consider all the “running in” wear that is now in the oil.

Change it for proper recommended oil before giving it welly - IMHO

Seconded

advice appreciated chaps. I dont want to damage anything so ill leave it till monday… and thrash the C6 tonight instead muhahaha

Koopa,
mate comes into work on Wednesday and tells me how an orange lotus Elise kit car with a roof scoop left him for dead at the Balloch roundabout the other night, cant guess who that could be

if its the roundabout im thinking of, ive left loads for dead!! Not going over 4000 rpm though gov! They all queue up in the right hand lane so i just sit in the left and undertake them all through it muhaha!! My 18 yr old sister has been using it all this week though so if it was this week he should be ashamed

My 18 yr old sister has been using it all this week though so if it was this week he should be ashamed

lol from what he was saying it’s well ran in now, obviously your sister didn’t know about the 4K limit