Adjusting Pre 2006 S2 Exige pedal box

Pedal Adjustment

Lowering the accelerator and raising the brake to improve heal and toeing.

Sorry about the quality, but its the content that counts.

evoufo

i get ‘cannot find server’ when i try your link… is it just me ?

cheers

My router has died, link should be back up tomorrow.

Sorted

I’ve just had this done. It’s made a huge difference to the enjoyment of the car, though it does still feel as though there’s a bit too much travel in the brake pedal. vast improvement and worth going for. some new pagids helped too.
Denis

Denis,

How much does it cost to get done? Car’s going in for some work later this month and considered asking them to do the necessary adjustments.

Cheers

Denis,

How much does it cost to get done? Car’s going in for some work later this month and considered asking them to do the necessary adjustments.

Cheers

Its not a big job. Just be sure that they know exactly what you want done. Some dealers aren’t very keen on making the adjustments, and will just raise the brake without lowering the throttle. While this helps its not really good enough.

I ended up getting the bolts myself and a friend helped me make the adjustments. It took us about an hour.

I’d say its a must have change, as its transformed my enjoyment of the car.

sorry for not coming back sooner. some dealers seem to do it for free, others have charged about �40.

Evo-ufo’s right - take in a print of the work to be done, so they’re clear about what to do.

It’s an absolute must, even if my own heel/toe technique still requires work too!
Denis

Many thanks for that. Certainly someting I’l be getting done , hopefully free.

Cheers

Many thanks for that. Certainly someting I’l be getting done , hopefully free.

Cheers

Thanks for posting the instructions - very useful. I set out last night to make the adjustments, thinking it would be easy, an hour and a half later and a lot of swearing while lying scrunched up on my back and I still hadn’t finished the job. The problem is replacing the up stop for the accelerator pedal which is right up in the footwell and an absolute bar steward to get at. Eventually I concluded that it is almost physically impossible with the recommended 15mm M8 bolt and went for a beer instead - it really needs a bolt a fair bit shorter. Will have another attempt tonight

Mark

The problem is replacing the up stop for the accelerator pedal which is right up in the footwell and an absolute bar steward to get at. Eventually I concluded that it is almost physically impossible with the recommended 15mm M8 bolt and went for a beer instead - it really needs a bolt a fair bit shorter.

Yes, we found that when we did mine. We did get the 15mm bolt in, but it would have been much easier if it had only been 10mm.

Yes, we found that when we did mine. We did get the 15mm bolt in, but it would have been much easier if it had only been 10mm.

Finished the job last night, with more swearing along the way . Managed to get a shorter bolt through the up stop bracket, but found that the recomended 7mm washer/nut stack was just too high - even with the cable adjustment backed right off the throttle was pulled open when it should have been idling (my neighbours will confirm this having been deafened several times by my Larini at 10pm ). Eventually I did the up stop a slightly different way with the bolt going the opposite way through the bracket with a nut either side which enabled fine adjustment of the height.
Well worth all the hassle though -what a difference to drive! The throttle pedal is now almost an inch lower than before and the set up is perfect for h n t even without adjusting the brake pedal. Having very long legs it also makes my right leg less bent when cruising so far more comfortable, and with lots of luverly blips on down changes now possible the car feels so much better to dive. A result

Mark

What did I tell ya.
Looking forward to seeing the H’n’T @ Croft

just done mine tonight as well,I agree replacing the bolt on the throttle stop with a shorter version is a lot easier,it is still a PIG to get back in,you need a good torch and a flexible body (friend)to do.but well worth the effort and back ache.
good post.