Accusump

I’ve been looking into getting an Accusump for my car.
The Lotus Sport kit is about �640 + VAT and then fitting on top.

If I was to get the equivalent 4 pint electronic version from Demon Tweeks its �245 + VAT, with a mounting clamp at �14. What else would I need to add to match the Lotus kit?

I’d obviously need a length of oil hose, and probably an inline filter, but I’m not so sure about how it connects to the existing oil cooler hoses, and if any valves, or separate sandwich plates are required there.

Anyone able to help out?

Cheers
Will.

Will, have you thought about the moroso? baffled sump fromm sector111 as an option? $550.
Gav

Have a looky here: Photobucket | Make your memories fun!

hopefully should give you what you want.

Mark

Will, have you thought about the moroso? baffled sump fromm sector111 as an option? $550.
Gav

I remember reading a quote from someone at Lotus along the lines that they had found that a baffled sump would not do the job and that an Accusump was the only real solution to potential oil starvation issues. Can’t remember the reasoning though.

I comfort myself with the thought that 111Rs and Exiges must get tracked all over the country pretty well every weekend and engine failures seem very rare.

Mark

Bemani fitted a baffle in my oil pan for a lot less than what the new pan costs (BTW you can now get it through Hanger 111)
Might be worth talking to Greg at Hanger as I did talk to him about Accusump and I think he could do a deal on it… Cant remember what though

Have a looky here: > Photo Storage

hopefully should give you what you want.

Mark

That’s almost exactly what I was after.

It shows the accusump being cut into the oil cooler lines with a T piece, rather than any remote filter housing, or additional sandwich plate being used.

So no idea where the price differential comes for the lotus kit. Line, filter, and T piece for �350 ish

Gav

Yes still considering this as an option. As Jamie says, Hangar 111 are importing them so I’m waiting on a price from them.

Still not sure that it is the full solution though. I think I remember reading something on elisetalk about that pan not being perfect, as it delayed the oil being returned from the head. Perhaps I’m imagining that.

I comfort myself with the thought that 111Rs and Exiges must get tracked all over the country pretty well every weekend and engine failures seem very rare.

Mark

That’s what I was doing, until a car I know had a problem at Bedford, and now needs a whole new bottom end.

Problems are supposed to be more likely on anticlockwise circuits. I spoke to Lotus Sport and they said that for any fast road work, or even sprinting then things are probably ok, but they would recommend the accusump for circuit work.

The engine doesn’t need to be starved of oil for very long for serious problems to occur, and even if they aren’t fatal at the time, perhaps we are storing up problems for later?

Will,

Curious to know if you have got any further with this. If you are going to be fitting it yourself I would be very intersted to see the results - I feel a wee winter project coming on

Mark

Got a little further.

I priced up all the bits and pieces from Think Auto and it came to the best part of �500 ex VAT. That included the hoses, and fittings, but not having the hoses made up, or mounting clips for the filter and hoses. The thing that has taken the price up is EPC valve. Approx �180.

I decided that If I could find someone who could meet me half way and get me the Lotus kit for around �570 that would probably be the best way to go, as it would cut out the worry about missed, or incorrect parts.

Still waiting on prices from a couple of people.

I decided not to rush into anything, and make it a winter project as the car has already had 3 oil changes in the last 1000 miles and it doesn’t need another just yet

From Greg @ Hanger
'We should be able to supply you the kit for �499 + vat- so a bit cheaper
than the Lotus kit!

Fitting would be appx 4 hours’

Just found this just to show it is possible to find cheaper
http://www.forcedfed.com/elise/accusump.html

Just found this just to show it is possible to find cheaper
http://www.forcedfed.com/elise/accusump.html >

Yes I’d seen that, but its not clear if their kit has the EPC valve. I haven’t given them a call as the fact they don’t accept international credit cards put me off a bit. Just a bit more hassle then I was after until I got some other quotes.

Plans Motorsport can do the kit - exactly the same as the Lotus kit but at a cheaper price, and available from the UK usually ex-stock

I’ll give you a call tomorrow Graham.