Accusump?

I have considered both of the sump options a few times, however I have chosen to wait till I need an engine rebuild for that one to be fitted, just adding some extra insurance with the Accusump

Will has both that says something, I have my cheque book out now. Accusump here I come.

If I ever have the nerve to drive as fast as Will I’ll add the sump as well :wink:

Ordered from fleabay US �255 delivered :smiley:
Plus they have sadly put an incorrect value on the package of $150 :wink:
Just got to get a T piece a couple of unions and some hose now :slight_smile:

Now I know why Evo corners sooo hard !!
:wink:

[quote=ade]Ordered from fleabay US �255 delivered :smiley:
Plus they have sadly put an incorrect value on the package of $150 :wink:
Just got to get a T piece a couple of unions and some hose now :slight_smile:
[/quote]

Is that just for the bottle or does that come with the electric valve unit and the pressure switch? If so very good buy as the EPC valves are upwards of �150 on their own. You should also get an inline filter.

Installation instructions etc can be found on the Canton site here Accusump Accumulator

Yes it is the full kit with a 35psi valve etc. The filter is certainly a good idea to add while I’m there.

Got it here they have more :wink:

Ebay Linky

Looks pretty good. Certainly a very good price. Lotus supply a 2qt, 4 pint model so this will be a bit bigger.

Darn and heavier…
Odd the one I saw for sale from Plans was a 3qt, but it might have been a mistake or I am mistaken.
Whatever it is a good bit of insurance :slight_smile:

[quote=jbs][quote=Balboa]Just got the new gPan from Sector 111
http://www.sector111.com/newest_stuff/gpan.cfm

will be fitting when outside temps get above 10 deg :sunglasses: :sunglasses: [/quote]

I’ve also ordered the gPAN. It’s going to be shipped to me this Friday :slight_smile: Can you already tell, what sealant should be used, and if there are new bolts included in the package, or do you need to buy new ones (or can the old ones be re-used)?

Also, what’s the torque value for the 16 bolts?

Thanks[/quote]

According to the instructions that come with the pan recommended liquid gasket either Permatex ultra grey #82194 or Threebond #1194.
All new bolts included and torque 12ft-lbs
I have requested electronic copy of instructions from Sector 111 as pitures not that big or clear

Jonny will update when fitted

gPan now fitted. Pretty straightforward job. The pan removal tool came in very handy could have done a lot of damage without it.

Also replaced gearbox oil with Redline MT90

Only final mod to complete and she’ll be ready for the season

Can’t remember who wanted a pic of the installed accusump, but here it is :slight_smile: :

Thanks, I’m trying to work out the routing for the hoses now, got any pictures of that at all please?

You’re welcome to have a look at the plumbing for mine at Anglesey. Electrics and hoses run along the drivers side of the engine bay and through a new hole in the clam into the boot space. Similar position to where the battery cables go through on the other side.

Thanks I certainly will have a look, I wanted to get it done before but time is against me now :frowning:

Itried to get a pic of all the plumbing as it routes over the wheelarch, but I couldn’t get a decent shot.

As above though, my car will also be at Anglesey if you want a closer look :slight_smile:

Pm sent Ade. Should be what you need. :slight_smile:

Thanks all, I spent some time looking at this over the weekend and I might well fit the accusump the other way round and route the hoses differently.

I’ve got mine fitted front to back down the drivers side so that it doesn’t take up too much of the limited boot space. It actually sits between the wing support and the edge of the clam in the dead space.

[quote=evo_ufo]

I’ve got mine fitted front to back down the drivers side so that it doesn’t take up too much of the limited boot space. It actually sits between the wing support and the edge of the clam in the dead space. [/quote]

Now that sounds like a plan, I’ll be looking and taking some pictures at easter then :wink:

Can you still read the gauge in that position?

Spoke to Chris for a whilst today at Silverstone admiring his new Cup 260! Cool car with LOTS of carbon!!!

Accusump fitted straight from the factory.

Does anyone have any links etc like the old ebay link where I could obtain one for about the same please circa � 260.00 ?

Or any other ideas. It certainly seems like a great investment to ‘protect and serve’!

Cheers,

Pete.