Accelerator buzz

Seem to get a metalic buzz coming from inside engine compartment (can’t quite decide which side) when the accelerator is applied (not always but fairly often). Any ideas?

Well let’s rule one out - Exhaust baffles?

Ian

Usually the undertray/diffuser, or the floor of the boot. They can resonate at certain frequences. Try tapping the panels and see if they buzz. You can usually fix them by applying foam tape to the offending edge.

I get that occasionally, did a lot of looking but its really hard to hear what the cause is, the only solution I have found is to press down harder on the loud pedal!! Come to think of it, SimonE did say that there is a bracket that holds on the Flange sprocket (what was that again Simon???)this sometimes breaks and things get loose, maybe this is the cause of our vibration?

heh, heh Rich, otherwise known as the Idle Air Control Valve Bracket - have had 3 of the little blighters go since bought it (jubilee clip now holds it firmly in place) it did buzz a bit IIRC - its located in the black hole beneath air box and throttle bodies - bugga to get at

Not loose change on floor under seat??

heh, heh Rich, otherwise known as the Idle Air Control Valve Bracket -

Yeh thats what I said the Idle Air Control Valve Bracket!! Cheers Mr E, R we still on for 9.45 Sat morn?

heh, heh Rich, otherwise known as the Idle Air Control Valve Bracket -

Yeh thats what I said the Idle Air Control Valve Bracket!! Cheers Mr E, R we still on for 9.45 Sat morn?

Rich prob be 10.00ish as Yorkie boys are after full breakfast at Woodall to set 'emselves up for the day