A048 V R888 Back to Back tests

Has anyone done a ‘real’ back to back test on A048 V R888 ?

By back to back I mean same day, same conditions etc

Also has anyone tried 205’s on the front ? Only ask as I see there’s a set of wheels and R888 tyres for sale which I am quite interested in but the fronts are 205

TA

No I havnt but have run both and even 48 fronts and 888 rears, inc track day! Despite the 88r’s being harder (100 against 60) they are very very similar, slightly better in the wet and seemed slightly better in the cold. They do seem to be a little noisier.

Gav

R888 are also heavier, approximately 4-5 kg the lot.

I don’t anyone who has driven 888s (especially on track) who has not been very happy with them - personally I can’t tell any difference between them & 48s (either LTS or non LTS). However, the 888s are cheaper, more readily available, & the fronts don’t develop a nasty wobble at 80mph+ as is common with 48s after a few trackdays.

[quote=Mr Pesky]I don’t anyone who has driven 888s (especially on track) who has not been very happy with them - personally I can’t tell any difference between them & 48s (either LTS or non LTS). However, the 888s are cheaper, more readily available, & the fronts don’t develop a nasty wobble at 80mph+ as is common with 48s after a few trackdays.

[/quote]

^^^^this

The only difference I noticed between the 2 is that the 888s seemed to take a few more laps to scrub in. First session after trying them I was questioning my decision.
Once through that though they are just as good but much cheaper :wink: