a048 LTS

[quote=seight]How many miles/km can I expect to get out of a set M compound A048�s?

Im doing approx 6-8000km�s a year mostly on the road, with 4-6 trackdays a year, so I�m curious how long such a set will last me. So far I have gone through two sets of rears and there is still life left in the fronts after a total of 15500 miles

How long is a piece of string?? not very helpful but true

I�see what you mean , although it must be possible to say something meanfull about their longevity compared to the OEM LTS or the popular R888 option. :wink:

[quote=scoob]

How long is a piece of string?? not very helpful but true [/quote]

I don’t think Ms last as long as LTS. Top of the head guess , 10-20% quicker wear.
Also, front to backs, I would say I’ve renewed 5 sets of rears to 3 sets of fronts.

888s last longer

My M compound I had seemed to go in about 50% of the normal LTS time, that is when I moved to 888s they easily last the longest

Comparing the M and LTS it looks like the M offers more grip but drastically less miles so i think i’ll stick with the LTS for the time being

Some good info here on the tyre life :slight_smile:
Given that the R888 seem to last the longest, do they also give the least grip?

[quote=661]I don’t think Ms last as long as LTS. Top of the head guess , 10-20% quicker wear.
Also, front to backs, I would say I’ve renewed 5 sets of rears to 3 sets of fronts. [/quote]

I agree with this.

However, with regard to price, in my experience the A048 LTS are 100% more expensive than R888’s and they’re definitely not twice as good by any reckoning. R888’s are my recommendation.

Granted, the LTS cost more than the R888 but not 100% more. I may try the R888’s when all four tyres need changing as they do seem to get a good review.

I’m booked in with Silverstone Lotus for some new LTS rears and managed to get a little discount which is pleasing :smiley:

I recommend LTS, they are also quite a bit lighter than R888.

Lighter yes but 888 are proper good VFM! What’s a couple of kg’s between friends lol.

888s Rock not Wobble!

[quote=jonnyfox]Lighter yes but 888 are proper good VFM! What’s a couple of kg’s between friends lol.

888s Rock not Wobble! [/quote]

Agreed :smiley:

[quote=Podger][quote=jonnyfox]Lighter yes but 888 are proper good VFM! What’s a couple of kg’s between friends lol.

888s Rock not Wobble! [/quote]

Agreed :smiley: [/quote]

don’t know anyone that has gone from 888’s back to 048’s

Well I�ll figure ut out by myself now. I ordered myself a full set of 888�s :wink:
Will be interesting to see how they compare to the 048�s (my old front ones are 6 year old :wink: )