A048 - how long do fronts last?

I’ve got a little over 2mm on my front A048’s and a 1,000 mile round trip coming up, chances of making it home before they need to be changed?

As these were fitted when I bought the car, I don’t really have a feel for how quick they wear, I think they have done 9,700 miles so far…

thanks

I would say they would easily last… I don’t think I replaced a set of front A048’s when I ran them on track because they’d worn out… more that they’d gone hard and old !

Now soft Kuhmo’s are another matter… pretty much destroyed a set of fronts in a day on track !

They will probably last the journey from a legal limit point of view, as to how well they are going to perform in wet/ cold conditions this time of year with 10k on them is probably the bigger concern. Id be putting a new set on tbh.

Whoever you get your tyres from, make sure you check the DOT production date codes. See my other thread, I just nearly got stuck with a 5 year old set of front tyres.

thanks all, think I’ll check how old they are, if they are still the originals probably best to ditch pre trip…