A seriously sexy upgrade (& a big thank you!)

Thats when the wheel locked up at 120mph!! LOL
Here they are again…

come on then - how much?

I presume special pads too and only sensible to do all 4 at once?

Carbon brakes are proper sexy!!!

Fixed that for you :wink:

[quote=itguy]come on then - how much?

I presume special pads too and only sensible to do all 4 at once?

[/quote]

Bit like a Ferrari showroom,
If you have to ask you cant afford them… :slight_smile:
Tested at Donny with just fronts and they worked just fine.
We’ve been advised that we can use one manufacturers standard type pads and will be testing these over the next couple of weeks.
Our plan is to be at Anglesey for some more track work…

Looks like prices will be in the �2-2500.00 per axle kit +vat
We are now looking into differant suppliers for bells/bolts and pads to see if we can improve the pricing.
One big advantage of these discs is the life expectancy.
So long as the pads arnt allowed to wear right down and damage the disc then very very high mileages should be achievable

well at that price they are WAY cheaper than the porker 996 turbo/GT2 ceramics which are about 3500/corner inc pads.

for hard track work they must be the ultimate, and weight saving over the bigger 300+mm discs too.

I never thought I’d see these being made for an Exige, so WELL DONE for bringing them to market - top job!

Lots of other stuff in the pipe line as well.

The standard size carbon disc and bell weigh an amazing 2.66kgs which is over 3 kgs lighter than standard 288mm Lotus S2 discs!!!

Would almost make up for the weight of a diesel engine…hmmm

Phil they are good, really good but making up for a truck engine???

Well back from work now!!! What an brill day on Tuesday and great to see this thread on here already :sunglasses:

Dave had asked me a week or so earlier if I would like to ‘test’ these carbon silicone rotors with the appropriate Pagid Pad! Obviously very keen as the only other Lotus I had ever seen these on was Adrian Newey’s S1 tucked up in Dean Lazante (sp??) garage last year.

After a few laps with my already brilliant Alcon 308’s with the Nitron floating bells, Dave swapped them over for the ultra light and ultra cool carbon units. We went out for about 5 laps and I was saying to Dave that they felt very ‘wooden’ and I could not even get the ABS active!!! The rotors and pads were brand new so I had, I thought given them enough time to bed in. We were about to give up with a thumbs down but suddenly I began to feel them coming in… smiles then widened over the next few laps as it became apparant that these were a seriously effective bit of kit!!!

Came in and let them cool down so I could se if the wooden feel was due to the cold starting point, and after about 30 mins went out solo. The grab was instant from cold and they were as good as they had been when hot at the end of the previous session!!! Over the next 20 mins I was able to move my braking zone at the end of the straights deeper and deeper whilst retaining no ABS intervention and also excellent modulation as I eased off the brakes with a tad of trail braking. Dave and the supplier guys were watching me from the end of the pit straight and they reckoned I was braking at least 20 meters later than ANY other car on track… (I was still making the Apex in control BTW!!! :smiley:) Brake balance was unchanged as well, but I guess you could always fit a bias valve if you wanted to achieve the very best from them and perhaps something different on the rear… or just fit 4!!! :smiley:

As Ian has mentioned, the smile was impossible to remove! I was just so impressed by the performance of these, with the added benefit of a virtually unlimited life, shedding quite a few kilos and NO rust!!! Given a couple of seasons of track days I think they would pay for themselves!!!

I came back in just wanting the guys to leave them on my car!!! but unless I asked my ex wife to buy them for me that was not practical!!! We pit the Alcons and new pagid 42’s on (many thanks Dave!) and it was even more noticable just how good the Carbon brakes had been. :sunglasses:

When the brakes were removed, Dave was not happy with the waer rate or pattern of the Pagid pads on the carbon rotors. I gather there is a ‘fix’ for this in progress… as well as bigger rotors too!

So, overall, I think these are just a huge jump in performance as well as the added benefits from any other braking solution out there for our cars. I would certainly love to have a set on my car!!!

Dave and the guys are all coming over to the Exiges day at Anglesey where they will be again fitting them on my car, as well as hopefully a new pad. So if anyone wants to have a closer look and perhaps a pax ride, please do!

Cheers,

Pete. :slight_smile:

Cant imagine if these carbon rotors can go with the alcon/AP 4 pots…thats would be some serious stopping power!!!

They are indeed awesome :sunglasses:, & I can vouch for the accuracy of Pete’s post! :sunglasses:

Phil they are good, really good but making up for a truck engine??? [/quote]

:stuck_out_tongue: Yes but I still have to learn to drive fast enough to need them!!!

Great post Pete! Put me down for a pax ride :smiley:

Oooh, upgrades, yummy!!

Are they only suitable for track use?

Pete would probably say so but I’ve lost interest now the suppliers have increased the price by 50%.

I know exactly how you feel Ian, I’m very sup[rised and disapionted etc etc

Obviously can’t do the math

5 pairs sold at a OK profit is better than zero pairs sold at and extra 50% profit.

I’m sticking with the AP’s now - might even go 6 pot if I feel I need more braking but I doubt it - Spa will make the decision for me.

For now I’m going to give the Performance Frictions a go as the RS14’s are starting to wear

They seem to be back up to similar prices the German outfit ( who I cant remember) was talking about 4-5 years ago then ?

Have to say the PF97 I put in to replace worn CL5+ made a huge difference to the braking performance on Sunday and the CL5+ were far better than the RS14