A ? on suspension upgrade

I am looking at the possablity of getting a suspension upgrade. There seems to be a veriaty of options from Nitrons to Ohlins.
From those who have experience on the upgrades I would be interested in the pros and cons of the different options.

Here are what I think the options are…
Nitron NTR Sport Adjustable Dampers �1000
Nitron NTX-R Track Adjustable Dampers (remote reservoirs)�1700
Ohlins 2-Way (remote reservoirs) �1700
Ohlins 46mm (remote reservoirs) �2000

I have heard good things about the 46mm kit (Lotus 240R spec). My main question is is it worth the extra money- I want to be able to play with having a road setting a wet track setting and a dry track setting.

cheers Jamie

TBH, unless you really know your way around a suspension system, I’d stick to the Nitron NTR single adjustables.

With 2-way you can get lost in the set-up and end up with something worse.

I believe you can upgrade to 2-way Nitrons later, for a slight saving.

Ian

Part two
Is there anyone up north who could be recomended for fitting and set up?

Plans Motorsports.

They’ll run you through all the options, recommend and install/setup.
Just call them.

Long drive
Driving Top Gear track

The ‘old’ Top Gear track. I understand they have a whole new set-up coming (about 2 miles from Jezzer’s home!).

Ian

I looked into upgrading the suspension not long after getting the car but paying the best part of 2k to buy and fit them is too much money to dish out on replacing items that are basically new and not even broken. I have since decide to keep the original kit in place and have a more aggresive geo and ride height dialed in along with an adjustable front arb. This has got to be worth something on track as the standard settings are more tailored for road driving. Once the standard kit is feeling a little tired I will then look at throwing some money at it.

So that will be at Enstone then.

Map

I guess that the 240R will be an early contender for fastest lap

Looks like there will soon be yet another interesting option. I saw something on the elisetalk forums about the 2006 model year options. There are some adjustable, remote reservoir Bilstein dampers in there. Could be an idea if you want something offically appoved by Lotus.

Will ask Lotus about them cheers

The ‘old’ Top Gear track. I understand they have a whole new set-up coming (about 2 miles from Jezzer’s home!).

Ian

Not so Ian. Planning permission refused by some NIMBYS.

Mike

Not so Ian. Planning permission refused by some NIMBYS.

Mike

Aka “The Stripes of Kineton”

[quoteNot so Ian. Planning permission refused by some NIMBYS.

Mike [/quote]

The gits. Enstone ruined our alterative Walshy day venue as they were holding off for the Beeb. Now to discover it’s not even gonna happen…GRRR!

Ian

[quote
Aka “The Stripes of Kineton” [/quote]

Ok, so you have read Chicane and/or the Oily Rag . Wait till you see the next one!

For eveyone else… IT WASN’T ME!

Actually, as I heard several times and read in the programme at Angouleme (where street racing is under threat by the new prefect) Civil Authority officials can always be replaced…