A lot of driving....my new company car

I’ve managed to drive my Exige nearly 4k miles over the last 7 weeks mainly due to work and I have to say it’s been brilliant. It’s made me feel even more in touch with the car and love the whole ownership experience (read as: love the faults).

I was really daunted at 1st handing back the keys to my Volvo C70 D5 company car but once I realised I’d be driving somewhere in the region of 8k to 12K miles a year instead of the usual 20k + I thought what the hell, I really miss my old Exige so took the plunge and havent regretted it for a second. I’m even fitting snow tyres so i can keep driving throughout the winter.

Other Exige (and Elise) owners are 2nd to none and the forum has helped keep me sane at times even if just to moan - all v. useful if you drive your Exige regularly as things do go wrong and need fixing…(bloody deer).

Anyway, i’d love to know if anyone else on here drives their mini Le Man’s racer as much as I do…maybe we can start a high mileage club instead of the mile high club!

Up until the end of last year I always ran a company car alongise my ‘fun’ car so the Exige only ever got used at weekends - spent most of its time in the garage!!

I’ve since swapped jobs, and also now living in the city centre I decided to take the cash option instead of the company car (underground secure parking for 3 cars gets expensive too!). I was little sad to loose and nice comfortable m-sport beemer at first, but to be honest, now I don’t look back.

I’m fortuante that I can now walk to work, so the still dont do loads of mileage attending just a couple of meetings a week. My company also now pay for the insurance which is big bonus, and I even managed 37mpg the other day which helps with a 40p mileage rate.

Personally think these cars are great allround, and should be used regulary!

Must be something about orange exiges then, we cant keep them in.

I wonder if any s1 exiges are driven daily or as for work/commuting?

37mpg is bloody good going, think I need to get my right foot checked to see if it has a lead sole.

Haha…I think your right - Cars (particulary orange exiges) are there to be driven!

What with depreciation and running costs they Actually make great financial sense, as much as my colleagues at work don’t agree with lol.

Quite surpised at 37mpg myself - don’t get me wrong, this isn’t the norm! Sitting on the motorway at a steady 70mph, the car will do 300 miles to a tank of juice…no fun though!

[quote=N17VES]

Quite surpised at 70mpg myself - don’t get me wrong, this isn’t the norm! Sitting on the motorway at a steady 70mph, the car will do 300 miles to a tank of juice…no fun though! [/quote]

70MPG :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: god that’s good :wink:

[quote=OrangeD][quote=N17VES]

Quite surpised at 70mpg myself - don’t get me wrong, this isn’t the norm! Sitting on the motorway at a steady 70mph, the car will do 300 miles to a tank of juice…no fun though! [/quote]

70MPG :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: god that’s good :wink:[/quote]

Whoops…typo!! Good job this isn’t seloc lol.

legends… i started using mine alot before i got my second car and loved it but after a while my back hurt a bit, but driving from the ring in august doing 50-60mph due to my mates car being damaged puts a smile on ur face watching the petrol bars stay where they are for a veryyyyyy long time