A bit of a draught!

Hi Folks,without seeming a bit of a soft southerner, does anybody else have this er, problem?My Elise’s heater used to work a treat, whatever the weather was like outside t’was always warm inside (even in winter :wink:). But in the Exige, especially at motorway speeds the heather is pathetic! There seems to be a draught coming in that nullifies any effect that the hot air from the heater is having. Is this a design feature to counteract the (normally hot) cabin temperatures? By the way, risking David’s wrath (and a ‘serve you right’) I’ve got air con. Should make it better surely? or it is just a cold air, air con system?

I get a light waft of cold air across my knees while driving at any speed faster than 50mph - this contrasts nicely with the warm air coming out of the vents just above.I have an air conned car as well - perhaps they have another vent under the dash?

Your heater is WHAT? Weak? Can’t believe it! Mine works like an oven… after 3 to 5 minutes of driving it delivers HOT air - if wanted. Thats many times faster and hotter than with my 1998 Elise. I don’t have aircon, btw.

I fit into the same camp as Paws…heater is excellent both for hot and cold…

Ditto. No a/c, no problem.

IIRC, Pesky had this problem…?

Sorry for the delay in replying. Yes, my AirCon car has same problem. My dealer LRV, have fixed it in the short term (blanking off a couple of vents into the cabin) until Lotus come up with an official fix. I think it’s caused by the vents/flaps not seating properly when in the closed position, which allows cold air to freeze your legs! If the fix is not sorted by “Summer”, the blanks will come off! If you need a proper technical explanation, I’m sure Albert Walsh at LRV (01254 876876) will do the honours [image]http://www.exiges.com/ubb/NonCGI/images/icons/smile.gif[/image]

Cheers Pesky - my car’s going into the dealer on the 3rd - I’ll get them to have a look at the vents then.

Interesting, mine’s going in to the dealer on the 3rd as well, not Motorway Sports by any chance? If it is they can have a look at both of them!!

No Aircon - No ProblemToasty warm in the winterCool(ish) in the SummerLighter on the track…Aircon… what the hell were Lotus thinking!It would have been better to have something usefull like central locking or at least a heated key… coz I don’t know about you lot but the amount of times I’ve had to get down on all fours and give the exige’s keyhole a good blow(!!!) due to ice,… disgraceful.[This message has been edited by B7SHY (edited 23 March 2001).]

as usual, I have to save the aircon league…mine works brill. as a matter of fact, you have much more possibillities to fiddle arround with the vents 'cause you have much more or 'em… he-he… gosh, the 2 days racing licence course in hockenheim was brill although is was throwing it down must of the times. I have never ever had so many spins before in me whole life. what a laugh…GET ON THE TRACK, BOYS, I’m telling ya…marcus, how is your lemon??? I’m a bit worried…you don’t sound too happy.

The lemon is a bit better than yesterday… after having reconnected all the plug leads it now runs like the day before. A bit “sticky” - but at least to full revs. The car needs literally hours to get from 180 km/h (112 mph) to no more than 205 km/h (127 mph). I’ll have that checked when the car is in for service. Bruno - have you got the 190 upgrade fitted? I could use some “european prices”… and how are your tires after having spun more than all your life before [image]http://www.exiges.com/ubb/NonCGI/images/icons/tongue.gif[/image]

tires are ok 'cause it was that wet…will get the 190 kit on 4.4.01. (ecu,pulley,motorsport cat,breather kit with tank) price is about CHF 2400.00. can’t wait…

quote:Originally posted by B7SHY:…I don’t know about you lot but the amount of times I’ve had to get down on all fours and give the exige’s keyhole a good blow(!!!) due to ice,… disgraceful.I regularly ‘fill’ my locks up with WD-40. Keeps the water out a treat.

Does anyone of you actually USES the passenger door’s lock? I always keep mine locked and open the door from inside to let the lady in… That keeps the lock in perfect condition [image]http://www.exiges.com/ubb/NonCGI/images/icons/grin.gif[/image]

quote:Originally posted by Bruno:tires are ok 'cause it was that wet…will get the 190 kit on 4.4.01. (ecu,pulley,motorsport cat,breather kit with tank) price is about CHF 2400.00. can’t wait…Hey Bruno who’s your dealer? Kumschick or Pfenninger?

Yo Bruno… does the quoted price include the fitting? THEN it sounds like a fair deal, considering the motorsport cat as being a rather expensive piece of steel… I hope it lasts longer than some pessimists state: 1 motorsports cat a year… Check out the warranties of these parts!

ok boss, will do…