A big thank you!

Mr and Mr (& Mrs come to think of it) Edwards are very fine people.

Not only have they transformed my car but I thoroughly enjoyed their company while they did it.

Nitrons, Nylatron bushes, splitter, brake ducting, engine steady, gear linkage, brake and clutch (which came out disgusting!) fluid and geo. The car has stepped up a level in performance, handling is amazing, and that’s just on road settings. Problem is, it feels like it could do with some more power now.

Thank you very much!

Ian

ps. Stop yourself looking at their Honda conversion at Croft, you will want one!

Blimey, impressive list of upgrades.

I think I’ll be giving those lads a call soon !

Seconded

Cool man. So how does the car drive now with all those cool bits and bobs???

Even more like a go-kart!

More neutral and confidence inspiring. Push until there’s a hint of understeer, back off and the line tightens with a touch of oversteer. Can’t wait to play on track!

Ian

Cool, soounds good!!!

Oh yeah, forgot, upgraded toe-links too!

Ian

Seconded

‘Thirded’

They worked miracles with my car too last weekend!
Its never felt better

I too had my geo set up and feels so balanced now.
When they checked it, they found it was running a load of toe in on the front and rear. Feels perfect now.

3 Cheers for the Edwards…

ps : Ian, I hope you didnt mind me having your gear link bushes, they had ran out so I ended up having yours

Sounds like Martin made some more up for you though!

There were tales being told about the crime that was your geo.

Ian

hi guys, forgive my ignorance but who are the edwards and where are they based,ive herd of the edwards rear defuser so is that the same chaps?is it the same defuser as advertised on eliseparts?

They are Lotuspower.co.uk (a v.basic site, but gives you the contact details)

Theirs is a bit like Eliseparts one, but with a smaller centre section, available in black or silver and cheaper too I believe.

Ian

There top lads, there based near Loughborough. They run a Honda powered Exige, which they did a very impressive job fitting themselfs. There nice people who will always help out fellow lotus drivers. I just had my steering rack, track rod ends, new eliseparts discs all round and the wheel bearing changed by them. They do a front splitter and exhaust aswel. They help me out alot lately.

And they look after Veronique’s chariot at the races.

Cheers Guys,

Glad to hear you are all happy with what we have done for your motas’

Steve (& Martin)

Problem is, it feels like it could do with some more power now.

No problem there, 1.9 K series (in an Elise) 245 BHP and 172 Ftlbs torque do you :wink:

And just how much does that cost - plus labour charges?

Rob, Who cares how much it costs ? Its all part of the fun !!

A while ago when i checked the 1.9L was not that badly priced and came as a complete bottom end only requiring head. Was about 3000 pounds for the bottom end, a head would propably be 2000 pounds, if you don’t convert your current head so all in all not to bad, and the way i am going when it comes time for a rebuild.

Could be off with the prices i checked these out quite some time ago when i was debating whether or not to do head now or wait.

Apparently the torque from the 1.9 is great.

Rob, Who cares how much it costs ? Its all part of the fun !!

What’s a man to do when he’s clearly been working very hard and not been able to use it!? Send it off for some surgery.

Come on Phil, let’s have some details. It sounds monster!

Ian

Well best to speak to Steve Butts as it’s his new engine

1.9 block with slipper pistons is approx �900 from Scholar(join SELOC for �28 and get 10% of the block price) - btw thats using your existing block, add �100 for a new block.

Obviously the head needs to be done, ecu and all the other bits as previously discussed in other threads but for me thats already done so its just adding the consumable items on top of the block price.