750 Motor Club at Silverstone on Saturday!

If anybody is interested! Roadsports qualifying is 10.15am and race is at 2.50pm. 34 cars on the grid…I am also doing the test day the day before with Pat Thomas of Kelvedon. Hopefully he will have a lovely set of 48s we can test back to back…Cheers

MarkDMeet you there!I’ll be pitching up at abot 11-30am - give Pat a bit of moral support!

What a fantastic day!COMPLETLEY UNBEATABLE!!!

How did you do Mark?Any photos, Mike? [image]http://www.exiges.com/ubb/NonCGI/images/icons/grin.gif[/image]

Hi all,I had thought about coming along to this but woke up yesterday morning to find that my wife had left large paper notices on all the TVs and the computer screen to point out that WE had forgotten my mum’s bithday on Thursday.So, instead I did a 300 mile round trip in the Exige to make my apologies in person (she loves it when I park the car outside her house!). I got plenty of looks when I bought the flowers and got back into the car - no doubt they thought “some lucky girl somewhere…”!. Aircon worked reasonably well and engine performed faultlessly in traffic (she lives on the south coast). A good day out but sorry to have missed Silverstone.Mike

Qualifying went really well - qualified in 8th spot out of 32. (Time was 1"07.78 for those interested) Also managed to spin right in front of a load of mates as well [image]http://www.exiges.com/ubb/NonCGI/images/icons/grin.gif[/image]. The race start was not great, watched all the Porsches come past off the line, and then I was stuck all the way around the outside of Copse,so in the end lost about 4-5 places. Gained a couple back, and then watched Pat drop fluid along the start finish straight and around Copse, so had a big moment at about 95mph. Unfortunately a Ginetta had a big off there and I think got collected by another car, so the red flag came out, leaving me to lose another couple of places at the next start. In between I had hit the stop button on the camcorder, and in the long wait for the restart it switched itself off, and I can’t reach the on button when I am strapped in :frowning:.I do have footage of qualifying and the first start which I will try to put up somewhere, once I have worked out how to!It was however damn good fun, and I did manage to get past another car into Copse, which had been a bit of an ambition!Cheers