60,000 miles and still rolling along

Dropped my exige in Lotus garage in Salisbury this evening for MOT, new drivers inside sill trim, new front tyres and 60,000 mile service. Engine was totally rebuilt for the first time at 56,500 miles. Car has been used every day for the past 4 years and only let me down once with head gasket failure and twice with flat battery (never happened again once battery replaced). Oh and misbehaved when air inlet valve fell off it’s bracket.
VHPD exiges are fine.
Here’s to the next 60,000 miles.

Good,well done Mr K series! Heres to another 60k

That’s what I like to hear!

Engine was totally rebuilt for the first time at 56,500 miles.

so shouldn’t the title be “3,500 miles and still rolling along”?

did a full strip down reveal anything more worn than expected?

did a full strip down reveal anything more worn than expected?

Can’t wait for Tone’s reply to that, seeing as he’s been wed 3 times

Could be right Steve.
Piston slap was orig problem - to my untrained ear sounded like every tappet was on the way out. Garage said pistons wobbled their way up and down bores and low height piston made it more noticeable to our engines. They replaced clutch, liners, shaft oil seal thingy, cam shaft belt and main bearings at the same time. No other problems found except had to change exhaust system cos old one had rotted in the corners and was blowing.

Thanks Rob
They did say I was a little over developed…
Over to you.
PS It’s 4 times - but I’m getting better with each one!

PS It’s 4 times - but I’m getting better with each one!

No wonder the price of gas is going up

I’m still on an extended test drive - try before you buy is my motto

PS is surprising you have found the time to clock up so many miles!

must be using water wetter to reduce the overflow!

PS is surprising you have found the time to clock up so many miles!

Easy, when you’re trying to escape

or forget…

four!!! Christ I thought i did well to get rid of ONE.You deserve a medel…well i guess you have hade a few.

The present wife (does that sound Ok?) she’s been married four times too. But we were only practicing for the real thing. After you with the bucket Rob.

YAY for the ‘K’!!!

But matey, being married four times is just down right iresponsible. You must be a gluten for punishment!!

LOL only joking.

Actually, no I’m not. lol

Hi 68000 miles with my 1997 230TT mk1 Elise! Owner since beginning
TT conversion done at 31000 miles
10 tracks each year + Holidays trips allover Europe
Love It
Dom

See? it may just be that only badly built/uprated engines get all the publicity.
If only we all knew about all these good ones…

Keep the good stories coming!

My untouched (well, Lotus 190) K has done 15,000 hassle free miles (well, spark plug and TPS hick-ups. Internals are good though).

Ian

Good stories. I don’t think we’re quite up to TVR levels of “will today be the big bang?” then…

Still, when setting off anywhere in my Exige, I DO make sure I have my AA card with me and that my phone is fully charged!

Hmmm, let me see, I have AA cover. Have had it since the car was new.

Have only called the AA three times, first time when on my trip down to Italy (3500 miles round trip) the alternator belt didintegrated. They bodged a slightly different one but it did the job.
Then once when the battery was dead after some holidays, and it charged ok.
And the other when an alternator wire broke, I saw the ed light but continued until the car just stopped.

About the only failure I had was the HGF (that prompted the engine rebuild) I took parts and labour cover but have not yet been able to use it.
Better like that