5MPG!

Collected my Exige from Haydon’s after a 18k service today. It seemed a bit ropey getting out of Salisbury, but moved nicely once on to a clear road. I experienced a bit of hesitation at anything below 2000 rpm, but what really caught my attention was that I had used 9 litres of fuel over 10 miles!I stopped to turn back to Haydon’s and it became increasingly more difficult to keep the engine alive.To cut a long story short, it turned out to be a broken plastic ‘T’ piece in the MAP sensor piping. Cost about four pence!Since the ECU did not get any sensible manifold air pressure reading, it just injected maximum fuel at all times

If I were you I would change the oil/fiter RIGHT NOW! - you may have experienced cylinder wall washing with all that excess fuel.

Rob, could you explain what "cylinder wall washing " is, mine had the same problem when new, dealer said it wasnt a problem.Cheers,Phil

Cylinder washing is when so much fuel is injected, it cant possibly burn it all so it has to go somewhere, so its either forced out the exhaust valves or, and here is the worst bit, forced past the piston rings.Here the fuel will “wash” the oil away between the cylinder liner and your pistons and then contaminate your oil. With no oil for lubrication you can imagine what the result could be [image]http://www.exiges.com/ubb/NonCGI/images/icons/frown.gif[/image]I AGREE WITH ROB, CHANGE YOUR OIL AND FILTER NOW !!