3D Printing - Lotus Stuff

Not sure if anyone is into 3D printing yet, it’s something I’m eager to have a go at once I get a decent enough excuse but I stumbled across this over the weekend as a good resource for sharing Lotus based parts/plans:

Particularly nice couple of parts for people considering the aux air duct intercooler mod for an S2.

Thanks, nice find.
I will definitely download and take a look.

A couple of years ago I got myself a cheap Anet A8 printer at 50% discount. Immediate upgrades were absolutely necessary and that pushed the cost up to maybe 130€ or so, but for the money it’s been great.
3D printing is great, but it is still early days. There is a lot of constant fine-tuning of settings to get it right. What works one day doesn’t the next - because it is more humid, dry, warm, cold, moon phase, etc etc
I have mostly printed non display items because my printer will create a defect here and there. I’ve mostly done things like brackets and holders.
ABS has been my material of choice. PLA and also PETG are just not tough enough. There are of course even better materials but my printer can’t print those. To be honset it struggles quite a bit with ABS.

I’m now about to replace it with something with higher print quality, larger build space and higher speed.

Thanks there’s some good info here. Would be interested to know what you go for next.

I mostly print stuff like this.
Car audio build thread in Swedish http://www.bilstereoforum.se/showthread.php?t=37108

Also used it quite a bit to print alignment pieces for my chassis repair jig. If anyone is interested I may have some pictures of that.

The Sidewinder X1 seems like great value at the moment, but of course more money spent = better performance.
Two weeks ago I “needed” a Voron 2.4 or a RatRig V-core 3…€€€€

If anyone fancies printing a facelift s2 in 1:18 I would exchange money for one.

I printed a 40mm long vx220 and it took 2 hours lol

With such a blocky shape and all those right angles I think a chisel and a brick would be easier

:laughing:

play nice! :lolno: :lolno: :lolno: