300bhp - 200 lbs/ft capable clutch.

I need to replace my clutch, starting to slip a little now. What are the chaps running around 300bhp using?

Its got a fidanza kevlar paddle now, not so keen to use that again as I suspect its more track biased and I’m not getting chance to use it in anger.

Looking at the exedy uprated one as a more road friendly option but cant see any load capacity rating on it.

Ta

John.

I use an Exedy clutch which has been fine for 4 years and much track work, nice take up no sharp bite point or anything

Cheers Ade,

The one thats refered to as the uprated one on eliseparts / eliseshop? Just want to be sure I’m buying the right one.

Thanks

John.

not sure to be honest mine is 4 years old, I would suggest talking to them directly Steve should be able to help [email protected]

Thanks, I’ll drop him an email.

My ACT HD clutch holds my 710 bhp with ease…

Thats not a manufacturer I’m familiar with Frank, not to say its not great but would it be available over here?

Must give you a pretty good leg workout too :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=JP1]Thats not a manufacturer I’m familiar with Frank, not to say its not great but would it be available over here?

Must give you a pretty good leg workout too :stuck_out_tongue: [/quote]

narr frank only needs to use 3rd gear, so other than when pulling away his left leg is resting :slight_smile:

[quote=richbk][quote=JP1]

narr frank only needs to use 3rd gear, so other than when pulling away his left leg is resting :slight_smile:[/quote]

Resting? Nah, that left leg is dead, & definitely not pineing for Bumfuck CA :wink:

My exceedy only lasted a year…some track time and motorway miles only…not sure which one I had…fitted by Essex Autosport…wasn’t impressed. This was a couple of years ago.

I put my left leg in the passenger seat for better weight distribution you guys should know that… :smiley:

You can find these on line or at a “good dealer” in the UK…
http://www2.advancedclutch.com/1446117/0/0/0/2010_LOTUS_EXIGE_S_240_L4_1.8L_S_FI_(2ZZGE).html

Thanks Frank, certainly going to look into these more.

In you oppinion do you think the HD pressure plate will be enough for my puny 200lbs ( with headroom ofc) or would you just go all out and use the XT and have lots of extra pressure?

I’d just get the XT and be done with it… :smiley:

ha ha, need I have asked!

Fidanza

Not Helix :frowning:

Not the Helix organic one you mean

Not the Helix organic one you mean [/quote]
Indeedy :wink: