3-11 News

Aren’t any folks using their 211 on the road, albeit occasionally? It’s got to be more practical than going down the Juno route; and with man maths and an affinity to Lotus kicking in, i hope they get a good few orders.

Given the appetite for McLaren, Fezza, Aston track only specials you don’t even get to take home, a 311 will be bargain of the millenium.(so far)

I think some of thes cars appeal to the mega-rich because of the whole ‘ownership experience’ thing and also that putting money into rare cars is,…how shall we put it,…efficient from a capital gains perspective.

I really hope Lotus find homes for a good number of cars I really do, I’m just not sure what other cars there are at that pricepoint with that bias towards track work. Maybe the opportunity will be in other markets???

anything that raises profile is good, have you looked what a fast atom costs new these days?

Don’t get me wrong… I’m sure they will sell them… probably initially to racers in Lotus on Track across Europe if they prove to be quick.

Perhaps it’s more of a personal perspective… the number of people willing to spend 80k on a trackday toy must be pretty small, and at that price point, I suspect people doing the occasional trackday will be looking at Porsche GT3s, Cayman GT4s etc - something that they would use as a dual purpose vehicle and drive to Spa in etc… with the added weight, the 311 won’t be that cheap to run, which is one of the primary benefits of most Lotus’ up to the V6 Exige… and one reason people choose them as track cars in my opinion.

If I was doing lots and lots of trackdays, and wanted to be the fastest on track… I’d be looking at a Radical or similar… (although to be honest, I don’t see the point, as trackdays would be likely be very boring if you could drive the Radical properly)…

If I was looking for an occasional track day car, and had 80k to spend… I would spend it on something more ‘dual purpose’ - like a GT3…

Really any value is relative to the performance numbers it clocks up.

The 620R is a 50k car before you’ve ticked some options, and if the 3-eleven monsters it around the ring and enjoys a v6 soundtrack then is that justification enough for 75k?

Agreed though, as a drive to track, rip round, cruise home toy, a GT3 is a tough contender. But don’t under estimate peoples desire to be obtuse.

What he said, would also be a better wet weather option.

I kinda disagree… it depends how you quantify value I suppose ?

If value is going around a track as fast as you can - then there are better value cars by a long way…
If it slays a 620R in lap time… does that mean it’s better value ? (I’m not suggesting a 620R is actually good value either!)

As I said, I’m sure they will sell some, but if I gave you 80k tomorrow, would you be going straight for one of these ?

me persoanlly? no.

would I take a £10 and a pint bet that if they keep the price under 80k they’ll all sell out? sure

Not disputing that we see the value as questionable, more that there are plenty of people with the cash to burn to say “why not”. Atom V8 sold out…

Yep, and fair play to them… if my numbers come up tonight I’m sure have a different outlook :smiley: :smiley:

Dude if your numbers come up tonight then I’ll be scared shitless in the pax seat of a 620R this time next week, you knows it and I knows it :smiley: