3-11 Breaks cover at last

http://media.lotuscars.com/sites/default/files/The%20all%20new%20Lotus%203-Eleven.pdf

Wish I had a pot full of cash
I soooo want one!!

Thanks for posting that Dave, I like some of the details on that.

Figures look great… but personally I think the car looks bloody awful. :frowning:

Ooo, it has stirred something.

Starting at £82k :open_mouth: :laughing: :crazy:

Agreed Dave, I’m sure it’ll be stupidly fast but styling wise there’s no want there for me.

It’ll be interesting to see what power the cars make as there’s still a couple of question marks over the V6 Exige power outputs.
I hope all of them sell and JMG continues the stabilisation of Lotus.

Hmmmm… pricey!

I really do not get all of the negativity around that seems to come with every new lotus… Yes it’s expensive but Jesus it’s going to be quick! we are talking Hypercar performance at a tenth of the cost.
People keep mentioning radical, but that is a pure race car designed in a shed and will not have the build quality or usability this will offer.
I think it’s a winner, a halo car for posters on young boys walls. As much as I hate anything with a hashtag in front it’s not for most of us… It’s for people who can afford to throw £82k at a toy and not worry about it (personally I don’t think they will loose much of it anyway).
In my opinion this will get lotus on the cover of magazines it would possibly put them on top of the TG board (if it still exists) and that will sell evora 400’s

Boothy

Again, as with all new Lotus I will have to wait til I see it in the flesh to give a final judgement but my immediate thought is that it is expensive.

Twice the price of the 2-11.

Still want one!

Is it negative to say I’m a little sad and disappointed it’s completely out of reach for us mere mortals. I do like the styling however, which of course makes me even more disappointed. Still I won’t be when I’m thashing around in an R300 some day soon :imp:

It certainly makes Gav’s Elise 211 look like a monster bargain.

I guess some of the negativity is around Lotus applying a formula in terms of pricepoint/power/weight that is alien to some existing Lotud owners. Take 211 to 311 as an example, using the ‘road spec’ and guessing the weight must be the wrong side of 1000kg since they neglected to mention it :

211=252bhp 745kg at £40k
311=456bhp 1000kg at £82k

These are now very different propositions, within a generation. Now who can blame Lotus for applying a different formula when the previous one was not exactly a business triumph. Likewise though, we should not be surprised that some owners don’t understand and are critical.

My criticism is simply based on my own opinion. I don’t like the styling and for a trackcar I just don’t see the market (at least in the UK) for a £100k+ Lotus. I do of course hope they sell them all and that there is some variants campaigned in Lotus and other Motorsport series.

Amen to that brother :sunglasses: :wink:

82k for the 3-11 road car bought you the Full Race GT4 2-11 supersport edition - 305ps with Sadev, slicks, bias pedal box and full pilbeam/AP floating brake kit, dry sump…

its another 33k for less (if you overlook the power element) in the race 3-11

I see your point entirely but I also struggle to see where they will sell 311 of them at that price, even with emerging markets.

To me it’s not the price so much, but the looks… it just doesn’t fill me with any desire at all… I agree that it may be better in the flesh… but to me, it should be creating a ‘MUST HAVE’ feeling without even knowing what sort of figures it’s throwing out…

That’s what the 300RR did…

I like the styling, I guess similarly radical to the 340r in its day. And better resolved than say a x-bow. I admit for the price you’d need deep pockets to justify it, a lot of competition with likely better long term residuals in that bracket.

Just good to see Lotus continuing to make cars with the continued ups and downs in its ownership and management.

450hp, sweet let’s see what can be raided from the parts bin!

If it’s genuinely fast, like formula car fast, then it’ll sell.

Betting it’s a four figure weight when wet and in road trim.

So road trim version is 925KG Dry

It’s NOT a looker is it? I don’t care what it costs, or how fast it goes, I’d buy a car like that with my heart not my head. My heart has rejected it. I think it looks a bit like the Fiat X1-9 prototype, but that car was actually pretty. Sorry guys, I’m sure 3-Eleven.com will love it, but I don’t get it…

Kurt

The last bit. Again and again. Still looks good, just a pity there was an ‘only one, ever’ clause on the order form :frowning:

Yep - I still think we should pull together and make a few…