2ZZ Throttle Body - Upgrade Options?

So by my maths that will take the 65mm standard cable throttle TB to 75.4mm.

Oh heck. Interesting.

I might whip off my TB and measure the supercharger inlet size to see where the restriction would be post upgrade.

I reckon it’s 70mm as it’s ‘16% more area than stock’, 65mm diameter stock, and area is pi * radius squared… still a good increase, but… I have an alternative plan, just need to research a little first :wink:

1 Like

…such a tease … !!

Prolly right ! That will take it to the same size as a FBW TB

Are we allowed more details?

The r9ktuned plenum has some extra bolt holes that allow for a square bolt pattern at 70mm hole-to-hole and also some extra material for making some new bolt holes with a little drilling and tapping - I’m just trying to establish the bolt pattern for other throttle bodies to make an informed choice before jumping ship…

1 Like

Keep me in the loop! The other option above is grabbing my attention

It would definitely be much easier to go with a direct bolt-on replacement…. MUCH easier…

2 Likes

$170 shipping.

Ouch.

Have contacted them but no reply so far.

Hi Matt,

I know that Dynamic Racing Solutions (DRS) in California what made a costume ITB solution for a Lotus with a 2zz engine.

Look: Lotus 2ZZ/Cosworth lives again and again and again... - YouTube

Send them a message and ask what kind of solution they have👍🏻

1 Like

I spoke to Kris at DRS just over a year ago - extremely helpful and professional. The kit was running at about $4095USD and then there was shipping and import duty - so it’d be probably nudging £5k by the time it arrived in the UK… plus mapping afterwards… It’s a lovely, lovely thing… but not for me at present. Maybe one day (if I haven’t Honda-swapped by then, lol!)

I know of a different way that £5k could enhance your intake too :eyes:

Wwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I’d make mincemeat of my gearbox within a few minutes, I reckon :wink:

Over time, I’ve become very disillusioned with the Toyota gearbox… If it lets me down again, I’ll be just K-swapping, I think…

Mr Bond and I, believe we have found an answer to our questions… all will be revealed very soon!! :+1:t2:

1 Like

OMG…teasing again !!

:wink:

Is there any good news on this topic?:grin:

I’ve got a track day booked for late June, but after that I’m doing a bit of surgery on my car… I’ve now got the following bits:

BWR 70mm throttle body, new IACV and TPS
R9ktuned billet plenum
Port-matched Corolla intake runners
Thermal gaskets to match for throttle body and intake
BOE catch can (to simplify the unnecessary pipework to the throttle body)

So I’ll get all of those put on, then take it to be tuned and let you know how I get on! :slight_smile:

I am booked in for a map tweak on 15 MAY 23. Will update once I have the following to report

1. Increased power
  2. Decreased power
  3. Any combination of above with a grenade gearbox.

Looking forward to see how the results turn up to be🤞🏻