282ps for the exige S

Komotec have launced a stage 2 kit now for the S

http://www.komo-tec.com/product_info.php/products_id/484

Very nice, would be great if there was an english translation and technical description with the relevant differences.

According to google:

For the addition of the 1 kit we offer now phase 2 kits 280 for the Exige S to phase. By further optimizations at the controller, special injection nozzles as well as sport catalyst system reach we an achievement of 282PS with 8600 rpm and a torque of 245Nm with 6500U/min

Achievement kit Exige S 280 (compressor) consisting of:

Intercooler in water/air execution (in the exchange)
electrical water pump
Water hoses
Front watercooler for LLK
optimized engine expensive equipment phase 2 (in the exchange)
Komo Tec carbon air box system
specially injection nozzles
Sport catalyst
Assembly material
Tuningarantie
Power measurement
Installation
Price: � 5390. -

Optionally

Sport exhaust high-grade steel Exige S � 849

Gav

I find this to be rather interesting and very telling:

http://www.komo-tec.com/images/product_images/popup_images/484_1.klein

On first glance:

Less power lower down than a Bemani powered Exige/111R (which is a bit surprising given that the 2nd cam switch is much lower down to the unchanged ECU in mine) and around equal or just slightly better at the top end. Still remain very skeptical on the intercoolers location though - charge-cooled or not.

Would be interesting to know how these stack up under stress and how reliable the upgrade proves to be. Any S-owners interested to find out?

Thanks 21GG for the translation.

Would love to get the upgrade, once there is some ownership experience. I’m down under, finding someone competent to put all this together without some reference of anyone doing it would be a daunting task. We don’t exactly have pro-Lotus tune shops here, let alone anything else, hah!

Apparently, so I’ve been told at the weekend by a fellow Bemani owner (111R), Bemani are now offering a 300bhp S/C � the catch is that some internals need mods too � not sure exactly what…

Bemani have been producing the 300 kit for Red Motorsports for a while now. never got to the bottom of what was included but I am sure it will be new pistons at least

Bemani have been producing the 300 kit for Red Motorsports for a while now. never got to the bottom of what was included but I am sure it will be new pistons at least

Yep, from what I know, new pistons, engine strengthening among other things… and a smaller pulley…

I think Red required that you buy a new block so they could just put the new pistons in instead of sleeves.
Smaller pully = V. noisy SC!

Smaller pully = V. noisy SC!

Yep - heard from a few that were lucky enough to have a ride in one of those 300+bhp Bemani’s that the supercharger is very noisy. Apparently too noisy for daily use.

Do you use earplugs in your Bemani? The guy who was told me about the 300bhp Bemani has a Bemani 111R and he’s getting special custom earplugs made.

I have a set of earplugs in the car but have never bothered wearing them, so I’m probably deaf enough for a 300bhp one now!

Do you use earplugs in your Bemani? The guy who was told me about the 300bhp Bemani has a Bemani 111R and he’s getting special custom earplugs made.

I have a set of earplugs in the car but have never bothered wearing them, so I’m probably deaf enough for a 300bhp one now!

No - but the thought did cross my mind. It’s not so much the supercharger whine (in mine) that’s loud - it’s the exhaust noise that has this drone at around 3000 rpm and full throttle that is quite loud. I’ve messured it to be at 97dB and that’s without full throttle. Haven’t checked if it’s louder in the cabin at higher rpm… In anycase, I’m loving the sound. Just hope I’ll be enjoy it for a couple of years before I turn deaf.

I used Bose noise cancelling head phones for long journies (you get to listen to your iPod too)

Just back to the S with 282ps see Hanger 111 is offering this
http://www.hangar111.com/newsletters/Newsletter_May_2007.htm

Mmm

• Exige S Std: 218bhp @ 7800rpm/159lb/ft @ 5500rpm
  • Exige S250: 246bhp @ 8216rpm/169lb/ft @ 6307rpm
  • Exige S280: 274bhp @ 8639rpm/181lb/ft @ 6921rpm

Thats means you’ve seriously got to raz the ass out of the engine to get top output. I can live with 7,800rpm or even 8,000 rpm. I wouldn’t like to rev it to 8639rpm all the time, i’ve be forever worrying about it blowing up.

I prefer the Bemani power delivery if i’m honest on the torque output.

Thanks for posting the diagramm. I agree with blacktoy - those 274bhp aren’t very usable. Even if Bemani doesn’t output as much max power, it’s still got more torque up until ~7800rpm until the drop off is more significant (and a lot more torque further down the rev range). Since in higher gears the rev limiter cuts in around at ~8300rpm (mine does anyway), you won’t be getting all that close to that max power in the S280…

I don’t know where you guys are driving but over here the Bemani cars are behind all the supercharged factory Lotus and they don’t even show up in my rear view…don’t belive all the dyno sheets you see…

Come on Frank, sounds like drivers to me. I have owned a Bemani and they are rapid - unless some one over there is not fitting them correctly…

Mmm

• Exige S Std: 218bhp @ 7800rpm/159lb/ft @ 5500rpm
  • Exige S250: 246bhp @ 8216rpm/169lb/ft @ 6307rpm
  • Exige S280: 274bhp @ 8639rpm/181lb/ft @ 6921rpm

Thats means you’ve seriously got to raz the ass out of the engine to get top output. I can live with 7,800rpm or even 8,000 rpm. I wouldn’t like to rev it to 8639rpm all the time, i’ve be forever worrying about it blowing up.

I prefer the Bemani power delivery if i’m honest on the torque output.

the 2zz-ge Has a very strong bottom end. Just change the oil pump with an uprated one and slightly stiffer valves and springs and you are done. There are people revving these engines to 9500rpm with the stock bottom end. Just need to avoid the valves tapping the pistons.

The only blown Yotas were to buzzing the motor to 9k so not sure on that one

The only blown Yotas were to buzzing the motor to 9k so not sure on that one

Yes that is why you need to change the oil pump, valves and valve springs. Another cause is that the sump is designed for 1g pickup so when people track an exige on sticky tires they are asking for trouble if the engine is not equipped with a baffled sump.

Most people that mishift and blow the engine, either blow the oilpump or tap the valves with the pistons. The others that track the car and blow an engine is probably from oil starvation due to a non baffled sump.