2015 Trackday Triple

If 2014 was the year of ‘use it’ (with mixed results let’s be honest :unamused: ) then 2015 should be the year of ‘use it even more’ :clap:

Here’s some things I’ve been thinking:

• Whenever we get together at a trackday we always say we should do it more often. Trackdays are just more enjoyable in the company of Exigers.
  • Anglesey is our special annual event but in addition, the October Donny noisy day has become a season closer for many of us.
  • After a couple of years of hiatus it looks like quite a few of us are up for a proper Euro Spa trip this summer. As you can see from the other thread the event is now up on BaTs website at an eye-watering £850 if you commit this year going up to £995 if you book in 2015 :open_mouth:

You can see where this is going; what we have is a 2015 Exiges.com Event Calendar.

• April = Anglesey (exiges day)

• July = Spa (double header)

• Oct = Donny (noisy day)

Given the above I’ve negotiated with JonnyL to try and secure an exiges.com triple-play deal for all 3 events :

• Book and pay for both Anglesey and Spa this year and get Donny noisy day in October for free!

To save you the maths that means shelling out £1090 this year to secure four days on circuit next year. Yes its a lot of cash but maybe I can help you with the man maths.

• Compared to booking those events next year you’re saving £440 (£240+£995+£290=£1530)
  • That’s £272.50 per trackday for what will ultimately be four of the best trackdays of the year at three of the best circuits ever.
  • Seriously what does £1090 get you in mod terms? Not a lot, I dunno…maybe a Reverie Carbon front splitter
  • You don’t really want anything for Xmas do you, why not have 4x awesome days next year? Basically you’ll be giving yourself something to look forward to for pretty much the whole of 2015 :sunglasses:

I think its a pretty good deal but above all else would mean there’s some guaranteed good times for next year :sunglasses:

Now that is tempting. Now where did I leave those brownie points. :slight_smile:

Oh wow, must do it…

Sorry mate, there’s no way I’ll be able to make £995 fly for a track event :frowning: …HANG ON! At £272.50 per day that’s 45% off!!! She loves a bargain, I shall offer her one. :smiley:

So then, how is this booked? I’ve added Spa to my basket but the Donny dates is not on there yet.

To be fair, I am not hindered in my spending, she just sets the mental benchmark of whether I can justify it…which is of course genius on her behalf. :eh:

Aye the Donny date is not up there yet but Jonny indicated they’d be running one as usual in 2015. I’d imagine once the date is up Jonny will manually add it to your booked-events for anybody that coughs up for Spa/Anglesey before 2015.

Just trying to even more man-maths; factoring in that getting there/back is also part of the fun then Anglesey=3days and Spa=4 days and Donny,…well let’s call in a day and a half so that makes 8.5days. £128/day*,…now that is a bargain :smiley:

\

• may ignore some other expenses incurred during the having of fun.

Fiona is looking into child supervision subcontracting to come along. To drive Spa,in my car.

Why do I have the feeling I’m very much going to be on Steve Williams christmas card list.

Good news Tim. First time in the car since you put the charger on…and around Spa!

Mrs Benja will not be doing same, I’m sure she’d welcome the subcontracting bit but apart from that…

Ben, you’ve met Lisa, imagine the withering submission that would occur from a simple eyebrow raise at that one. :crazy:

She’d immediately start trying to discount in risk factors, potential breakdowns, speeding fines, exchange rate loses, etc. I think I can take her with the 45% though, :slight_smile:

Man-maths is not for sharing with woman-kind Ian,…it’s just too damned complicated for them to get their heads around its intricacies :smiley:

Might have to do a decision tree flow chart for man maths, no wait a minutes girls might see it and we’d be busted :astonished:

Not much of a tree surely, more like single boxes marked ‘Shiny’, ‘More power’, ‘Carbon’, ‘Ohlin’ (if you’re Sean) or in this case ‘Spa’. :slight_smile:

It’s a magical zen state of mind where for a brief glimpse we can understand the complex 4D space of cost, emotive benefit, relative justification, and long term value on a non linear time scale. It’s a Y chromosome thing.

Last woman who achieved it:

My bank just paid Jonny for Anglesey the correct numerical amount but in Hungarian Forint not Pounds Sterling :smiley: :smiley:

If he will accept the same payment for the triple, I’m in! :laughing:

Great news Pierre. Maybe Wes will be your wingman on the way to Spa…eh Wes eh eh :smiley:

Some of the other Euro lads will be coming to Spa too huh?

Fair play Ben, that is a great deal.

I miss all of my past Loti :frowning:

Time for another then Sean!

Trying to organise to do the triple :smiley: