2006 Lotus Exige S2 - 192 hp

Hello Lotus enthousiasts,

I’m Wim, living near Brussel in Belgium.
I was born in 1971, and i just bought my second Lotus.
The first was an Elise of 2001 with 122 hp and a long roof.
Sold it after two years and still with regret!

Now i have a standard Exige S2 with 25.000 miles. Just own it for a week.
Have to buy a soft top for the summers and they are gonna change it in a LHD.
Looking forward to learn more about the Exige!

Hi Wim!

I get to Belgium quite a lot. Next time I am heading from Brussels to my site we should meet for a beer :thumbup:

Great to have you heard and I will enjoy reading about your car

Welcome, Wim. Love that colour. Please keep posting, we’d love to hear from you. And pics, we like pics of Exiges (and of Belgium, and Belgian beer of which, coincidentally, I have just downed two!)

That’s a lovely looking car, I hope you enjoy it

The car looks great, enjoy! :sunglasses::+1:

Welcome, car looks great - keep us updated!

Hey, allways welcome to my place - just pm me or send me an e-mail : [email protected]
I’m a beer lover! :sunglasses:

Palm i know well, the other i don’t…
There are a lot of different beers, so it’s not strange i don’t know them all :wink:

I have made it my quest to try them all! Preference is for blonde tripples.

Welcome to the forum.

That’s a fantastic looking car and love the colour.

We are here to help, do not hesitate to post questions.

Make sure to check out exigesdotcom on Instagram and tag us as much as possible.
Also check out our shop in the forum to show your support with a sticker, mug or clothing

Tx guys!

Ok, i’ll start!

1. I want the “softest” springs possible for the Exige (if possible half an inch higher to drive easely in my garage). What can you recommend (link, price?)
  2. One electric (did i said allready i hate electric in lotus? :wink:) window doesn’t close perfect (about half an inch on the top, and then it stops… You can then help it, by pushing it to the top with your both hands, and then it closes… What could be wrong?
  3. I have a sport exhaust, I find it a bit too loud, i still have the original, is it plug and play (screw, bolts,…) of is that too easy?
  4. The airco doesn’t do very much… Is it just refilling with gas, or is there more?
  5. Are there easy (cheap) mods to make it faster? (let’s say 500-1000 pond?)

That’s it, not that much for 1 week of ownership :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :mrgreen:
Hope you guys can help me
Thanx in advance (my English is not perfect, sorry for that!)

(1) someone will answer that for you as I’m on standard suspension.
(2) window could be a couple of things, needing adjustment or the regulator/motor is struggling. Someone will be able to advise better than me.
(3) standard exhaust will go back on. Remove the undertray, remove the bolts on the exhaust brackets, undo the exhaust clamp. With plenty of wiggling about it will come off. I would recommend spraying the exhaust clamp with something like WD40, 24hrs before attempting to undo. Fitting the exhaust back is the reverse process. Depending on your current exhaust, it might be worth some money. The standard exhaust is very heavy.
(4) your Aircon needs a re-gas and check for leaking. When refilled it needs to be used regularly. Aircon is a common failure.
(5) Mods to make it quicker, there are several options… (1) Fit better breaks and geo setup. (2) TRD air filter, free flowing exhaust (although you say you prefer something quiet), improve the intercooler air by fitting side air ducts.An exhaust and air filter might give you a couple of bhp. (3) Upgrade to 240, 260+ bhp with new injectors, pump and ECU. (4) fit a charger cooler. Option 3 &4 is the most expensive option.

Do some research here on the forum, it has all been discussed at length.

You English is fine, don’t worry :thumbup:

Wim,

Please do not worry about your English. I am from England and my English is not great, nevermind my Dutch , or French!

Typically remove the rear diffuser, the rear box is held on with a clamp that will be obvious and 2 exhaust hangers. It may take some hammering to remove depending on how long ago it was fitted. What exhaust is on currently?

Welcome to the exige where the aircon is fine, then dies. You can try a recharge but its a poor system that fails often and is expensive to repair.

Other than add boost ( supercharger ) there are not a lot of ways to economically make the car faster for the €/£. I would look to improve the suspension and possibly tyres and reevaluate performance. For me the thing that impressed me the most about the lotus is the speed on bends, roundabouts etc.

Its a NA car matey.

I’ll get me coat!!! :laughing:

Thanx for the good advice guys! :clap:
I have no idea what sport exhaust is on it right now… Where can you see that? :question:
The tires are yokohama’s, think you can’t find better?
I allready have the bigger brakes, so they are fine! It stops pretty fast!

Take a picture of where it exits the diffuser. Remove the diffuser and somewhere on the exhaust will be a plate with a model number.

Which ones? What is your driving style? Road or track?

The 4 pots or do you mean larger discs?

Thanx!

1. I don’t see it… I have to losen 10 screws or more :frowning: :frowning:

1. Yokohama AD08 R - what pressure should be on them? front - back?
  2. Driving style is road
  3. i have bigger brakes from Ap racing (with yellow decals) http://www.elise-shop.com/4pot-brake-kit-with-oe-apracing-calipers-308mm-discs-elise-s2-exige-s2-p-502321.html?language=nl

I cant tell from looking what exhaust that is , sadly.

I think there are better track tyres than teh AD08R, but I run the AD08R. I run 26R24F

Nice :thumbup: