2004 TYPE R engine gearbox and ancillaries

2004 civic type R engine, gearbox, driveshafts,ecu, etc etc. 6000 mls excellent condition �2500 + vat. Ideal for conversion

More fire damaged stock, Chris?

Seriously though, that sounds like a good deal for someone

Is that how much they cost? Thought it’d be cheaper than that

Abour �3k with VAT is about the going rate for a kosher low miles 2004 or later K20a I think…well that is what I paid.

Uh oh …

Uh oh …

Is that you teetering on the edge Andy Let me give you a nudge,…you know you wanna

Is that how much they cost? Thought it’d be cheaper than that

Really, when you consider how much a VHPD goes for? Don’t forget that price includes 6 speed box, ECU, & all ancilliaries (ie alternator, throttle body, starter motor, exhaust manifold, sensors).

A new engine (without ancilliaries, gearbox, driveshafts & ECU) is �3.5K plus vat from Honda, although this is considerably cheaper than an equivalent new VHPD

Doesnt come with a SUPERCHARGER though!!

You also should remember this is a 2004 low mileage engine and it is complete with everything including driveshafts, engine loom, keys etc etc, You would be able to pick up an engine cheaper but who wants to put in a 60,000 mls engine

When did they have lightened fly wheels as standard? Was it 2005?

It was 2004MY - don’t know the exact date though.

Uh oh …

Is that you teetering on the edge Andy Let me give you a nudge,…you know you wanna

Yes, considering it or rebuild of VHPD … but this makes me think harder

Yes, considering it or rebuild of VHPD … but this makes me think harder

It’s a no-brainer IMHO. Reliable 200bhp plus out of the box with no stressed components, combined with great real world torque. (Assuming of course, that you’ve decided that the Audi is not for you).

Audi is not for me I like revs