2001 TT260 Priced at £23k

I am looking at a TT260 and it’s priced at �23k. I believe this may bit a tad overpriced and welcome any thoughts…

Thanks
H

Which one is it, the blue one ?

Yep - Cobalt Blue I believe. Saw it last Tuesday and will drive it next Wednesday.

I am struggling to find a reference point for it’s value. There is a left hooker S1 Elise TT260 on PH for �18.5k - but that doesn’t really help.

I think it was sold about 2 years ago for �27k.

Any thoughts on value?

If you’re happy with a modified car, and have a budget not far off �23K then buy yourself a std. Exige and fit the 250bhp Audi engine. Far far far more reliable, useable and more torque.

If you’re going to pull a car apart, then consider an Elise with Motorsport panels (tantamount to being an Exige anyway) for even less.

This is a good base Exige : Used cars for sale | PistonHeads UK

David
(Ex TT260 owner)

David,
I have a budget of �26k and was thinking of a 2005 S2, before I stumbled upon the TT260. I will be using the car everyday, doing 10,000 miles a year, with approx half a dozen track days. Would that budget change your advice?
How much is an Audi conversion?
Which is better Honda or Audi?
Was your TT260 that much grief?
Thanks
Paul

Humpy the Audi conversions are between �8500 and �12000 depending on spec. Dont ask which is best Honda or Audi (the argument could go on forever ) http://www.auto-teknix.co.uk/audi-conv.htm
The car in the link above is mine and it would be a great car for a conversion. Infact it was in line for an Audi conversion with Bernard in September some time but my plans have changed.

David,
I have a budget of �26k and was thinking of a 2005 S2, before I stumbled upon the TT260. I will be using the car everyday, doing 10,000 miles a year, with approx half a dozen track days. Would that budget change your advice?
How much is an Audi conversion?
Which is better Honda or Audi?
Was your TT260 that much grief?
Thanks
Paul

Agree with David,

Moles’ (or another) S1 plus engine conversion would the way I’d go.
The K is not the most reliable lump in the world - can’t imagine the TT conversion does much for its longevity.

The only question is Audi or Honda, then of course getting insurance sorted out.

You wait for 1 then 2 come along at the same time

Exige 260

Yes indeed - double bubble/trouble? Must have heard some mug’s been looking