2 basic questions from a newbie

My first post and a couple of basic questions.
(Have a 6 month old Exige S)
Has anyone had a Lotus Stage2 sports exhaust (no decat)measured for noise levels on the Exige S, want to do a track day but other posts seem to indicate I would have problems with noise levels (but can find no actual measurements).
My car does not have traction control fitted, have had a few moments when the back end has gone a little light, is it worth getting tc fitted?

(Don’t think I am going to threaten Mr Pesky for number of posts, but have to start somewhere !!)

Hi & welcome!

Simple answer is a stage 2 with decat is way too much for most tracks. Even a stage 2 is pushing it at places like Bedford.

As for TC? It really is personal choice, I’ve just come from a string of cars with every driver aid known to man so I’m more than happy to go without. I suspect most Lotus owners feel the same way. But… variable TC as per the 2-11 would be nice for the winter.

Thanks for the answers. I suspected that the exhaust was a bit on the noisy side
Maybe will wait a bit on the traction control.

Have also been following threads on charge cooler and the roof off, am a little too tall to wear a helmet with the roof on. Roof off to fit, charge cooler to bypass roof intake. Looks like I have to look at a number of options if I want to get on a track, some of which don’t look that cheap.

Either way, still having great fun just driving the Exige

There is a lot said about the cooling needs for on circuit, but the engine should be fine. If you look at the scoop its not exactly big.

I too dismissed the Lotus Stage 2 from my exhaust options due to feedback on the db levels. I have just bought a Quicksilver to try first then will a 2bular from Jim.

Have also been following threads on charge cooler and the roof off, am a little too tall to wear a helmet with the roof on. Roof off to fit, charge cooler to bypass roof intake.

If you have to take the roof off to fit in the car with a helmet on then you have to consider where your head is in relation to the roll over bar. In the US they have somethink called a broomhandle test and if your head is higher than the line between the top of the screen and the rollbar then you can’t go out. Instead of taking the roof off, I’d suggest that you look at some options for getting yourself lower in the car.

1. Get some Sector 111 downlow seat rails allowing you to mount the seat lower in the car and at more layback angle to drop your head.

2. Get a race seat with fixed mounts and do the same.

I’m 6’ 2" and was border line with my helmet on, and have now gone for option 1. Now got enough headroom that I’d have to crane my neck to get the helmet to touch the roof.

Being too tall is the worst excuse I’ve ever heard for getting a charge cooler. If you want a charge cooler justify it on its own

Enjoy the car.

Cheers
Will.

Very wise words, Will - no point scraping yer bonce on the tarmac in the event of…

Thanks guys, all sound advice. Probably at this stage seat option is best bet with a quieter exhaust. Will was right it was a rather thin excuse for the charge cooler. Guess its also important to keep an eye on how these costs mount up, saved a lot of money on the original purchase of the car , but could quickly spend that without applying some joined up thinking.

I assume on the point about heads rubbing on tarmac would also indicate that harnesses are essential items as well?