2.4 Accord engine

i know what u mean if it was at retail it could be near double however thats still cheaper than any honda/audi swap plus as i couldn’t afford a complete swap at least by keeping the k i can do it in stages

i know what u mean if it was at retail it could be near double however thats still cheaper than any honda/audi swap plus as i couldn’t afford a complete swap at least by keeping the k i can do it in stages

That does depend how much you can sell the VHPD for.

Ah me! Go fishing for a couple of days and catch more on-line than I did ON a line
Perhaps the Hondanistas can’t bear to think that maybe, just maybe, having spent all that money, a more reasonable sum spent on the K might have yielded a decent result anyway! Just think, no extra weight and what does happen to insurance premiums/resale values?
Ian, I claimed more power, I achieved more power. For a first attempt I feel it was a respectable gain over an EBD (15BHP gain in any exhaust test would be!). The SHAPE of the curve was very good and I’ll quite happily sacrifice some power for extra torque, every time - as you shall see soon enough.
Koopa, good luck with what ever you decide to do. Why not wait awhile to evaluate any future developments K-wise?

Ah me! Go fishing for a couple of days and catch more on-line than I did ON a line
Perhaps the Hondanistas can’t bear to think that maybe, just maybe, having spent all that money, a more reasonable sum spent on the K might have yielded a decent result anyway! Just think, no extra weight and what does happen to insurance premiums/resale values?
Ian, I claimed more power, I achieved more power. For a first attempt I feel it was a respectable gain over an EBD (15BHP gain in any exhaust test would be!). The SHAPE of the curve was very good and I’ll quite happily sacrifice some power for extra torque, every time - as you shall see soon enough.
Koopa, good luck with what ever you decide to do. Why not wait awhile to evaluate any future developments K-wise?

Are you blind? Have you listened to anything anyone has said. In the real world your first attempt at an exhaust wasn’t very good…

… I wish you luck next time.

Jim, sorry to inform you the war was won a long, long time ago with regard to Honda vs. Rover. Ask any Elise/Exige owner which engine they’d have prefered the factory to have fitted… I’m more interested in your manifold. If it does what it says on the tin, then the principles will apply to Honda as well as Rover - no? My point in case it was missed was a 4 into 1 type design will produce more at the top end. Plenty of examples of 4 into 1’s over the years that have sold on headline numbers. I think people were hoping to see some mid-range gains as compared to a good 4-2-1 in addition to the top end. No need to preach to the Hondaphiles about the top end, we breath easy at 8,500rpm

Thanks Chris - fingers crossed!
Yep Ian, couldn’t agree more on the “grunt is best” issue. I have explained about the headline figure and, well, let’s wait and see.
There is a possibility of access to a Honda powered Elise - here’s hoping!