193 Upgrade

Just running my new motor in at the moment (most frustrating). Just wondered if anyone has any advice on when to do the 193 upgrade.Is it worth doing at the first (1000m) service or letting the engine loosen up a bit more?Also - what differences in performance have people experienced after the upgrade?Plus - How much should it cost roughly ?Thanks - Tim

HI TimSee my thread in Exige talk “190 Upgrade Beware” there are some prices and views in there.

quote:Originally posted by Timbo:Just running my new motor in at the moment (most frustrating). Just wondered if anyone has any advice on when to do the 193 upgrade.Is it worth doing at the first (1000m) service or letting the engine loosen up a bit more?Also - what differences in performance have people experienced after the upgrade?Plus - How much should it cost roughly ?Thanks - TimDealer couldn’t answer the same question, so I did what I always do and rang Technical boffin at Lotus. He said wait until first service at least, so that is exactly what I did.Car now runs better than ever, pulls smoothly from 2,500 to 8,000 with no hiccups. Also had restrictor thingy removed, cat removed and sports exhaust fitted. After reading 340r bulletin, also had catch tank and breather pipe fitted, but can’t really comment on benefit until Spa in June. Anyone else attending this pilgrimage?Jaycee