192 conversion and MOT compliance

I am in the process of finding an Exige and wondered if someone could clarify the position regarding 192 bhp converted cars and the likelihood of them passing the MOT test. Clearly I don’t want to invest in a car that I cannot use.Many thanks

quote:Originally posted by Hethel Merman:Clearly I don’t want to invest in a car that I cannot use. Never never invest in a car [image]http://www.exiges.com/ubb/NonCGI/images/icons/blush.gif[/image] With a standard CAT on it should pass, if you are that worried then get a 177bhp version, Lotus sell the 190 upgrade “for track use only”, so i guess there is no comeback on them if it fails.

there have been issues with this for a while, especially the 340R’s…but Im glad to report that several have now been tested and nobody has reported a failure once the cat has been re-fitted.I think the “track only” position of lotus has more to do with crash testing and new vehicle compliance/approval tests than actually MOT worries.

quote:Originally posted by stevegreen:there have been issues with this for a while, especially the 340R’s…but Im glad to report that several have now been tested and nobody has reported a failure once the cat has been re-fitted.I think the “track only” position of lotus has more to do with crash testing and new vehicle compliance/approval tests than actually MOT worries.Thanks for the replies To extend this a little further, could anyone out there with a 192bhp Exige give me some real world feedback about their experiences when undertaking a MOTI will speak to two or three dealers tomorrow to get their take on the situation[This message has been edited by Hethel Merman (edited 16 March 2003).]

I had similar worries when I purchased mine (190bhp) got them to put it through a MOT test to prove it would be ok.Passed without a problem with CAT in place. Will not pass without - simple as that

Made some enquiries with Lotus dealers today and everyone seems very confident that there are no issues with 192 conversion cars passing the MOT.Seems as if this is a triumph of reality over theory - or does anyone else know differently?