190 upgrades.

It’s possible if you can get a connector to mate with the current loom connector

Anyone got a photo? What exactly is needed?

Can anyone post a picture of the standard set up as per the service manual

Mark - what exactly do you mean?

Sorry Steve, just read that back, it didn’t make any sense. I’m after an image/diagram of the timing marks and set-up as per Dave Andrew quote “It’s relatively easily checked, with the cam belt cover off, turn the engine to 90 degrees BTDC, if the cam timing marks on the pulleys line up as per the manual then the upgrade has not been installed or it has not been installed correctly.”
Cheers Mark

here’s a pic of the standard pulleys at 90� BTDC (top)
[image]http://media.centoundici.org/albums/userpics/10026/normal_pulleys.jpg[/image]
the bottom pic is of an alternative solution for changing lift at TDC (shown on the exhaust cam, but it could be used on the intake as well). it is a very rough adjustment, but it could give a better timing than the original slot and it’s free!

the 101� pulley has a third slot which should be used instead of the standard one.

[image]http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d121/stevegreen101/ServiceManualcompleterevisedsearcha.jpg[/image]

Andy, I’m not sure Dave is particularly excited by the thought though.

It sounds as if we’re both thinking the same sort of thing. Considering the Honda, but don’t really want to give up on the K, installing an Emerald would get more out of the Rover lump but seems so final (cutting the loom’n’all), so it’d be nice to put the original ECU back in and sell the Emerald if we ever gave in to the Honda. Am I right?

Ian

Ian

Yup you are 100% correct.

The otherway is to source some dead ECU’s and nick the plugs.

I had a chat with a guy I know at Bosch and he thinks he can get the plugs … but I’m not relying on that hence the MIL idea.

There are some issues

• Length of wires
  • Crimping it correct ( right tool)
  • Cost

But we have a tool, and I “loose the cost” … so I may give it a go

Economy is better if driving like a total ‘mince’.

So thats ALL the time then with you!!!

oooh you cheeky ‘bowler hat’ you

I’ll have you know I spent a whole day gooning round croft in the pissing rain and didn’t chicken out at all

I did however get passed by almost everyone as I could not keep the fecker straight

I did have a reet laugh and can’t wait to av another go