15years of Exige Ownership

Great pictures and write up Ben. car is looking :sunglasses: I still remember my dad collecting his brand new S1 Exige in ice blue in April 2001(Good Friday to be exact,)the car left a lasting impression on me and in 2009 I bought my own S1 Exige to add to our little Exige collection. I had that for 2 years before selling it to Keith(winthattt) after he approached me about buying it after a trackday at Oulton Park. I then moved into a Caterham R300 for a few years before my dad and I decided to get another S1 Exige while they were still at affordable prices :crazy: It was then shipped off to the Edwards boys to work their magic on it and one of their fabulous Honda conversions, then finally to Mike Santos and Darren at Impact for a full Chrome Orange respray :smiley:
Roll on Spring, so we can get back out and enjoy both of these fantastic little cars.

Mark, I still have Ex51. Never sure for how much longer. I’m afraid my Caterham does track duty as its cheap to repair and disposable. Took Ex51 for a drive on Sunday, still as strong as ever, and noisy. I doubt it has done 5k miles in 8 years, tragic really.

Keith

Forget the two-bucket method - three-kids-with-sponges method :laughing:

When it was a trackcar and mostly covered in white-vinyl wrap I used to be pretty relaxed about ‘helpers’.

Now it’s all lovely and perfect…only Daddy gets to touch it,…don’t even look at it wrong :smiling_imp:

Love both your cars and that you have Father and Son machines. James at 9years old is already dreaming of his first track car.

Great ownership stories :thumbup:

Super stories everyone.
It was Jabbs’ dad’s car that did it for me. I just had to have one.
And I still think that Ted’s car with Speedlines is the best, most subtle Exige. (If an Exige can be subtle)
And who can forget Pesky’s Dyno Rod effort, followed by Gulf Racing . . . I had such fun following, and occasionally leading, them over the hills to Nyloc meetings.

Correction, April 2000, when we collected the car :confused: He actually purchased it from Mike Hill(Lotus Ribble Valley} salesman in the December/January but waited till April to collect it… It had to be a dry day :laughing:
Keith glad to hear you’ve got EX51 and using it, even if only sparingly, was great to see you and the car LITP :smiley:

You were right the first time fella :wink: It was around the same time i bought mine from Mike Hill.

Ben, great to see your lad taking such a keen interest in the Exige, my two boys are the same :smiley: , wont be to long before they’re all out on track using us as mobile chicanes :laughing:

Thanks Tim :crazy:

Yeah I think the S1 was announced at Brands Hatch at the start of the year 2000 autobytel sport elise championship, which would have been around april that year (maybe March??).

Been having a gentle life in my hands …BUT does Bring the smile back to my face everytime I go near it. Vroooooooom
L8XGE  OS .JPG

Here’s a pic of Rob embarking on one of his many track days with said car

Great write up Ben. Love your car!! The best S1 Exige on the planet in my opinion.

Yeah the rolling burnouts were hilarious. One of many epic weekends away.