08 Exige S 240 in Starlight Black

This is where we proud owners can upload information and pictures of our pride-and-joys (their Exige that is..)
Elise_Mark

matt447 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 8:57 am I had a Starlight Black Exige back in 2007/8 and it was a lovely colour - although it certainly showed up any paint imperfections :lol: Yours looks very tidy indeed - nice car :)
It’s certainly a very divisive colour, but I love certain cars in black – especially 964 generation 911s and older Ferraris like the 355.

I think it works brilliantly on all the Exige variants, but I also completely understand why others don’t like it. I must admit that when I starting looking, I didn’t see myself getting a black car, but actually seeing a few in the flesh made me a bit giddy as it looks very purposeful. I’m not sure that the ‘softer’ Elise manages to pull off the look in quite the same way.

It’s going to be a learning curve to keep it in good condition, so I’ve upped my game a bit when it comes to cleaning by investing in ways to keep contact cleaning to a minimum. My Magnetic Blue Elise was definitely a lot easier to look after!
pkw2704

matt447 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 8:57 am I had a Starlight Black Exige back in 2007/8 and it was a lovely colour - although it certainly showed up any paint imperfections :lol: Yours looks very tidy indeed - nice car :)
matt this thread needs some grey exiges on it ..... :lol:
Fonzey

Black (shiny, no scura love here) is absolutely the best car colour.

For 6 mins after you've washed it :mrgreen:
Elise_Mark

Not really an update as I’ve not done a huge amount to the car lately. I have mainly just enjoyed driving it as much as possible.

I’m enjoying having the RGB wheels on the car. It will be interesting to see if I can feel the weight difference when I swap back to the OEM wheels I have relegated aside for track use.

I have also swapped out the original seats with my Corbeau Le Pros – I find these a lot more comfortable and supportive. An added bonus is that the yellow of the carbon/kevlar material matches the yellow stitching of the interior 8-) .

I’m not sure why, but the car came fitted with Pagid RS14s on the front and CL RC5 on the rear? The braking force is impressive, perhaps too much for my mainly road use.

I’d love to hear if anyone can shed some light on why the previous owner would choose to mix the pad compounds?
andybond
Site Admin

Perhaps the last owner had different wear rates. Not a lot of point in swapping out a good pair of rears if the fronts are kyboshed.

Also its not mega uncommon to have two different compounds. I have run DS1.11 front and DS2500 in the rear for instance. Only my OCD has kicked in and now I have matching ..
Elise_Mark

Yeah, I expect it may just be simply down to wear rates, I just wasn’t sure if it was a deliberate move to shift greater oomph to the rear.