Black Exige S1

New kid in town ? Say hello to the Exiges.com massive.. Do you have an Exige ? Looking to buy one ? Sold one or just a fan ?
WillD

Hi, just wanted to say hello to everyone on here. Finally managed to become the owner of an Exige! I bought the Black S1 Audi Exige Will B was selling, it is one heck of a car. I've been an S1 Elise owner for years and done a lot of modifications over that time (weight is down to about 690kgs plus fitted a VHPD) and it's pretty nibble, but my word the Exige is on another level. Obviously still getting used to it but always hankered after one of Bernard's conversions.

Flew down to London from Aberdeen to meet Will B. A great guy and true to his word and description of the car - made the purchase seamless. Also arranged to meet Bernard on the journey back up. What a nice guy, gave some gems of knowledge and advice and had a look over it, not often you get to meet one of your hero's. Then drove it back up to Aberdeen, the sun shone all the way! Loads of appreciative nods and waves from other drivers. So pleased.
Will
gonein60seconds

Welcome - and big congratulations on the purchase and what a journey to kick off ownership! Keep posting be great to hear more 👍
S1 #501
Rob999

Congrats on the purchase, sounds like it’s gone to a good home 👍
andybond
Site Admin

Welcome along and thank you for taking the time to register.

Would love to see a owners thread to follow progress as you get along with the car.

London to Aberdeen must have been a right trek!
WillD

Thanks for the kind words of welcome. Yes I may start an ownership thread as there are some some things I will likely change such as the MOG CF seats; can't get on with them so might look to sell/replace. Want to drive it some over the summer before diving too deeply into any work plus of course a possible trip to Knockhill.
andybond
Site Admin

WillD wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 12:01 pm Thanks for the kind words of welcome. Yes I may start an ownership thread as there are some some things I will likely change such as the MOG CF seats; can't get on with them so might look to sell/replace. Want to drive it some over the summer before diving too deeply into any work plus of course a possible trip to Knockhill.
I have zero experience of the MOG seats but can heartily recommend Tillett seats.
Ste

Welcome Will, the Exige looks great.

Your S1 Elise sounds interesting too. I had a K20 Elise that I managed to reduce to 690kg, it makes a big difference to how they drive. Do you have details of yours?
s-express

Hi Will, I also have a Bernard/Guglielmi converted S1 Exige. I bought it in a pretty tired state, now fully rebuilt with a few improvements to the original setup, so if you ever need any advice on repairs or mods, give me a shout as I can probably save you time & head scratching.
Cheers
Alex
S1 Exige 036 Audi powered
SimonE

Is this the ex Mike Lane Audi Exige? I remember seeing at at Donington Park in the early 2000's - blimey it was rapid!!! :D
WillD

Hi Ste, yes the Elise is pretty well fully stripped out, and then Ali tank, CF seats, light battery, nitrons, light engine mounts, all the usual bits. I started restoring it in 2017, full respray and almost a nut and bolt rebuild, then happened upon a set of speedline corse wheels which look wonderful. It’s pretty well finished now. I was literally searching for roof repairs and came across the Exige. I will post pictures at some point of them both. Can’t bring my self to sell the Elise but I know I must.

Hi s-express, that’s really kind, I will take you up on that as there a few small bits I’m unsure about. Really appreciate it.

Hi SimonE, yes it is, I do not know Mike, but heard a lot about him. I hope he will be pleased someone appreciates his hard work and modifications. I was going through the paperwork and wow he lavished a lot on it. Yes I can imagine it will be really quick as it just pulls so well, huge amounts of torque.