s/c kit for my n/a exige s2

Speaks for itself really !
matt447

Are you after more power for the road, or for the track?

Or both?

I’m not sure I need more power at the track - I can’t drive the car well enough to extract the most from it as it stands, so the ‘straight bits’ are not where I’d make the biggest gains. If I could drive it better, I’d be lapping much quicker than if I supercharged mine. If I then went on to add more power, then fine, but I’m just saying that if you’re after more power for the track, you might get much better results from lots of practice and maybe some coaching? :)
pkw2704

uklotuscentre,anyone had dealings with them?
The Hornet

andybond wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:49 am As Fonzey said - avoid the katana kit. I have spent thousands making it right. Just not worth the hassle.
This... with knobs on !!!
andybond
Site Admin

pkw2704 wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:02 pm uklotuscentre,anyone had dealings with them?
I think this is a name I am familiar with from reading around the web - A chap called Rocky owns it. I believe he is a lotus breaker. Just be careful with whatever you are buying!
pkw2704

understood cheers :thumbup:
pkw2704

matt447 wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:48 pm Are you after more power for the road, or for the track?

Or both?

I’m not sure I need more power at the track - I can’t drive the car well enough to extract the most from it as it stands, so the ‘straight bits’ are not where I’d make the biggest gains. If I could drive it better, I’d be lapping much quicker than if I supercharged mine. If I then went on to add more power, then fine, but I’m just saying that if you’re after more power for the track, you might get much better results from lots of practice and maybe some coaching? :)
Will be all road,its got the EMU black and full system RRR said it did 215 on a hot day at their place,I think i am more of a torque kind of guy,hence the s/c.
matt447

Wow! Yours is producing more power than mine! I also have EMU Black, full 2bular, but also cams, new valves, head work, Cosworth head gasket to increase compression ratio slightly, 450cc injectors, Radium fuel rail, Fidanza flywheel, etc - all mapped by RRR a year ago and producing 210bhp on a warm day too! Your engine sounds extremely healthy already! :o

I understand the desire for torque though.. Good luck mate :thumbup:
pkw2704

tis what RRR told me and showed me the graph??? to be honest top end doesnt interest me its more grunt low/mid range.Used to have motorbikes,Aprilia rs250 and an R6 ,great bikes but never really took to the characteristics of the engines,then a ducati 748 V twin and loved it
pkw2704

ImageImage
Image[/img]
matt447

I totally believe you, I was just saying your engine already sounds really healthy! A typical stock 2zz NA will produce between 163 and 167bhp at the wheels, from my research, so to think you’re 10+ wheel horsepower up from a manifold and tune, that’s a good result I reckon! 👍🏻