Exige 320S Porsche Riviera Blue

This is where we proud owners can upload information and pictures of our pride-and-joys (their Exige that is..)
andybond
Site Admin

Dunc wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:13 pm
Fonzey wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:16 am Good start to the thread @Dunc. Looking forward to how this adventure develops, remember cars are only fun when you're fixing them. :thumbup:
Cheers mate and cheers for all your advice and help.

Blyton is a big day for me and the exige, it needs to be reliable and I need to bind with it, I’ve had a couple great drives this winter but I’ve now had the car 6 months and I’ve invested a lot more money on top to prolong the car etc in all the right areas

If blyton goes well then 2bular full system will be purchased.
Remind me of the Blyton date ..
Dunc

Since then I have just had the car returned from another trip to SL where Dave and John have done another fantastic job on the car.

The reason for this visit was to maintain and future proof car, with that in mind I had the following undertaken and completed:-

Pro alloy catch cans
SL baffled sump
Engine cleaned and oil replaced
The exhaust “Tizz” looked into
Confirm pulley size

The report from SL is that the car is mechanically fine and now all future proofing done so I can use on track, the “tizz” turned out to be the manifold and exhaust system construction and this is making the gases flow and vibrate causing this “tizz” off gas.

Dave says even though the sound is annoying it can’t be fixed and that the car is fine.

The only option is complete new exhaust system but that’s £2.4K

This can wait, I want to bond with the car and need a good year on track and road. if all is ok then end of summer will be a full exhaust system, open to options but preferably 2bular 48mm 4-1 manifold, sports cat and back box.

The pulley is slightly smaller than stock at 3” could go more aggressive with a 2.9” but will wait for when gearbox done, After market ECU and bigger injectors.

I’ve also replaced some external pieces like having new decals fitted, carbon fibre side pods (thanks Kyle)

I also got a great deal on my favourite forged wheels which also came with the added bonus of lightly used AD048RS.

Lastly I’ve stripped some weight out with remover off the subwoofer, wires and speakers which along with the forged wheels have currently saved me 18kg

Now time to enjoy the car on track at blyton in the 2nd April.

Thanks for taking the time to read this lengthy introduction and start of my thread.

New OEM look decals, fantastic quality and service from Devine handcraft.

Very easy to fit, heat gun on low setting and pull the old ones off, I use masking tape to use as a guide to where the old ones were placed

I also then use a fibre cloth and big and tar remover to clean off the left over adhesive

The previous owner who rebuilt the car fully had obviously had new flooring later at his home as he used a huge amount of floor underlay to act as sound insulation between rear bulk head cover and bulkhead.

Wires, rear speakers and wires controlling the subwoofer etc cam to a total of 6.5KG removed.

Unmarked fantastic condition twin spoke forged wheels, my favourite design and a healthy 10.6kg lighter than the Y spoke ones.

Also came fitted with a lightly used AD048’s
Finally got rid of the rubbish tyres previously

Cleaned and with the proper central wheel boss for them.
Very happy indeed
Dunc

andybond wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:20 pm
Dunc wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:13 pm
Fonzey wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:16 am Good start to the thread @Dunc. Looking forward to how this adventure develops, remember cars are only fun when you're fixing them. :thumbup:
Cheers mate and cheers for all your advice and help.

Blyton is a big day for me and the exige, it needs to be reliable and I need to bind with it, I’ve had a couple great drives this winter but I’ve now had the car 6 months and I’ve invested a lot more money on top to prolong the car etc in all the right areas

If blyton goes well then 2bular full system will be purchased.
Remind me of the Blyton date ..

2nd April - it’s a Saturday
Toby111s

Brilliant car and brilliant read of what’s going on, love the colour of this car! Keep up the good work!
Rob999

What’s the weight now @Dunc ?
Dunc

Rob999 wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 4:43 pm What’s the weight now @Dunc ?
Not too sure Rob, I’d like to find out and will at some point save up for proper corner weight.

I still have a smaller lighter battery to fit which should be around 10kg lighter which is crazy weight.

But I’ve also added catch cans and a baffled sump plus it’s got the charge cooling system.

I’m interested to know though.

Will let you know on here when I do
Dunc

So I’ve decided to bite the bullet and purchase a full exhaust system.

The reason behind this is I’ve had a “tizz” noise coming above 4K rpm and it’s really annoying and detracts from the experience when off throttle.

I’ve had this investigated and been told that it’s the bespoke exhaust system on the car.

I have no idea what system it is and there are no markings on any product but I suspect it was added around 2015 when the car had a full rebuild.

As this system uses “V” bands and sorings retainers to join parts of the system I can’t just replace back box or the manifold.

So after looking into different systems it came down to the final 2 options which were Larini and 2bular.

I’ve had Larini before and really like the sound and both brands seem to have put R&D into developing a better system tailored towards the supercharger and 2ZZ engine with both offering bigger wider manifold bores of 48mm and 4-1 design compared to 4-2-1.

Pricing for both was very similar but Now due to the brexit and being out of Europe the import tax alone pushed the Larini system up further by £1k.

I therefore spoke to Jim and discussed options, I’ve decided to go a bit more OEM with the outlet and have the exit come out below the diffuser as the sound is nicer, I really wanted to the 6” but as I’m gonna do around 4 track days per year the 8”
With no chamber was the best option for sound and helpfully get away with no black flags.

I’ve finished it off by also including a sorts cat again.

I’m looking forward to getting this on the car and having a nicer tone sound and “touchwood” no tizz.

Picture is for reference of what I’ve ordered…
Dunc

Whilst I wait for the 2bular full system to arrive form Jim I also sorted out another little issue from my list which was the steering wheel.

I had an aftermarket 300mm alcantara wheel which had not been looked after and had become flat and hard. I tried to treat it and refurb it,avail as it had past the point of no return.

Again this subtracted from enjoying the steering feel as it was awful to touch.

I therefore ordered a brand new sparco P300 wheel which was very easy to fit.

I also bought some racing gloves for track so not to ruin the alcantara as much

Image but to no
matt447

This looks awesome!
Dunc

matt447 wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:19 pm This looks awesome!
Thanks Matt 👍