Spinning roof retaining bolt

Topics relating to the Lotus Exige S2 (series 2)
MrP80

andybond wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:09 am Lee - that is useful. Thank you. Ill take a look for the book and how my roof is made up of.

You might have saved me buying a full mohawk carbon roof that I had convinced myself I needed ...
If you factor in time, I’m sure you can convince yourself a carbon roof is cheaper, somehow
andybond
Site Admin

Fonzey

andybond wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:33 am http://elantrikbits.com/lotus-elan-blog ... place-job/

For reference later after work ..
I have a similar challenge with my tailgate, I can't adjust the height of my "stoppers" because of spinning captive nuts but luckily my tailgate lines up properly so it's a back burner stuff for now.

Carbon tailgate sounds good
andybond
Site Admin

Fonzey wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:42 am
andybond wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:33 am http://elantrikbits.com/lotus-elan-blog ... place-job/

For reference later after work ..
I have a similar challenge with my tailgate, I can't adjust the height of my "stoppers" because of spinning captive nuts but luckily my tailgate lines up properly so it's a back burner stuff for now.

Carbon tailgate sounds good
Carbon tailgate and roof panel sounds even better ...

:thumbup:
andybond
Site Admin

I think I am going to attempt the repair.

I am working the following principle

1) I attempt a repair and it works but if that doesnt work
2) I can goto a bodyshop if they cant fix it
3) I can do the usual thing and fix it by throwing cash at it and go carbon roof . See point 4 after purchase
4) Ill request a bodyshop paints the carbon roof in a semi transparent silver coat like the Ferrari F40 for maximum show off effect